• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are not on Hamels No-Trade list

No interest whatsoever from me.

not that he isnt good and all, i just dont see it as a need right now.

We need to fix the bullpen first last and in between.  if we had one all year we are in first by 4 instead of second by 4.

aside from that, you want to take about anything else id still like a legit solution at 3B since Kowart seems to be fading and we dont have anyone else right now on that horizon that im aware of .

Id try to get a package on Benoit and Headley out of SD, but thats me.  Maybe Middlebrooks and Uijara out of Bos (not likely i know) ...   something that addresses those concerns instead of worrying about SP which i really dont think we are hurting on right now.

I would like a "more established" starter if we can get one for not too much. Besides the valid points that Skaggs and Richards may run out of steam, we have Santiago and Shoemaker as 5 and 6 and a questionable Wilson.

At this point, I think that's a priority over the pen.

It's not so much about catching Oakland as it is making the team stronger if and when we see them in the playoffs. Despite their record, I still think we're better.

when the angels acquired greinke they didn't give up much...

Greinke was a pending FA on a team that wasn't going to the playoffs and contract talks had broken down.  Hamels is signed for 4 more years and there's a club vesting option for 2019.  Apples to oranges.

The Angels have the second best record in baseball.  Like every team they have some needs but one of those isn't a pitcher who is owed 100M from 2015-2018.

Greinke was a pending FA on a team that wasn't going to the playoffs and contract talks had broken down.  Hamels is signed for 4 more years and there's a club vesting option for 2019.  Apples to oranges.

The Angels have the second best record in baseball.  Like every team they have some needs but one of those isn't a pitcher who is owed 100M from 2015-2018.

that can be viewed one of two ways.  Yes, you get him for longer, but you are also potentially stuck with him for longer.  

that can be viewed one of two ways.  Yes, you get him for longer, but you are also potentially stuck with him for longer.

I'd like to be "stuck" with a talent like cole Hamels. He's one of the best lefties in the game and he's showing no signs of slowing down.

I'd take him over price

No interest whatsoever from me.

not that he isnt good and all, i just dont see it as a need right now.

We need to fix the bullpen first last and in between.  if we had one all year we are in first by 4 instead of second by 4.

aside from that, you want to take about anything else id still like a legit solution at 3B since Kowart seems to be fading and we dont have anyone else right now on that horizon that im aware of .

Id try to get a package on Benoit and Headley out of SD, but thats me.  Maybe Middlebrooks and Uijara out of Bos (not likely i know) ...   something that addresses those concerns instead of worrying about SP which i really dont think we are hurting on right now.

Headley is a rental player in the midst of the worst season of his career. And Freese seems to finally be turning it on.

Not sure what trading for Headley would address.

hey guys, what do you think of us acquiring bartolo colon? the mets are out of it and he's in our price range. first i've heard of it.

If a pitcher goes down I'd trust him on the mound more than... whoever is next on our depth chart after Shoemaker

Headley is a rental player in the midst of the worst season of his career. And Freese seems to finally be turning it on.

Not sure what trading for Headley would address.

the future.. buying low

i agree, freese is getting it together so it isnt a huge thing, but i think headley has a better shot in coming years of putting up better numbers.

Freese outside the one huge year has never had  war about 1.6, Headley in his worst year is still about 1.0 and has about the same HR/RBI numbers as freese.  who would you rather open camp with next year given a choice between the two?

... again not a huge thing but id kick the tires on it while i was asking about Benoit/Street, thats all im saying

the future.. buying low

i agree, freese is getting it together so it isnt a huge thing, but i think headley has a better shot in coming years of putting up better numbers.

Freese outside the one huge year has never had  war about 1.6, Headley in his worst year is still about 1.0 and has about the same HR/RBI numbers as freese.  who would you rather open camp with next year given a choice between the two?

... again not a huge thing but id kick the tires on it while i was asking about Benoit/Street, thats all im saying

As far as position players go the Angels have a bigger need for [non AJ] catching help 

the future.. buying low

Okay, but again, Headley is a rental. If you trade for him you're getting him for a couple months. That's it.

And then he's a free agent and signs where ever he pleases.

Edited by jshep

Okay, but again, Headley is a rental. If you trade for him you're getting him for a couple months. That's it.

And then he's a free agent and signs where ever he pleases.

i make the deal intending to sign/arb etc...

again as i said not a huge concern, the goal is one of the relievers, i just kick the tires on it during the tanks and see what happens

phillies: payroll relief

angels: get rid of a headcase mediocre pitcher and upgrade the sp

Well, they aren't getting that much payroll relief if they trade for Wilson. Plus, Hamels is their best pitcher. If they want payroll relief they will trade him for prospects and restock their farm system. They aren't going to trade their best pitcher for the Angels' struggling, older one whilst saving like, 7 million dollars.

The Angels trading Wilson would be counterproductive. He has been wretched lately, but assuming he isn't seriously injured, he's still a live arm. Replacing one starter with another starter when you don't have any SP depth doesn't really make sense, even if that one starter is better.

Well, they aren't getting that much payroll relief if they trade for Wilson. Plus, Hamels is their best pitcher. If they want payroll relief they will trade him for prospects and restock their farm system. They aren't going to trade their best pitcher for the Angels' struggling, older one whilst saving like, 7 million dollars.

The Angels trading Wilson would be counterproductive. He has been wretched lately, but assuming he isn't seriously injured, he's still a live arm. Replacing one starter with another starter when you don't have any SP depth doesn't really make sense, even if that one starter is better.

lol 7 million?  it's like 50m or so.  probably more, wilson 5 years/77m  hamels 7 years 153m

and good luck winning in the playoffs with wilson.  it's a no brainer to me

Edited by JarsOfClay