• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are not on Hamels No-Trade list

Hammels is attainable because of his contract. He still wont be cheap though. I still think Lee makes some sense, because he 'should' be cheaper prospect wise.

I also think we should be looking at mid tier number 3 types who might be available (no idea who might be).

Peavy

Peavy

you guys would hate peavy if he came here. he's a former great power pitcher who hasn't really adapted all that well to being a finesse pitcher. his numbers are bad.

edit: also, wilson is good. he's just struggling right now. he'll figure it out and start throwing that below three era around again. as he has done before with the angels.

Edited by ukyah

What do you guys think it will take to get Hamels? Lee? Than ask if the addition is worth what we are giving up?

Hammels is attainable because of his contract. He still wont be cheap though. I still think Lee makes some sense, because he 'should' be cheaper prospect wise.

I also think we should be looking at mid tier number 3 types who might be available (no idea who might be).

lol 7 million?  it's like 50m or so.  probably more, wilson 5 years/77m  hamels 7 years 153m

and good luck winning in the playoffs with wilson.  it's a no brainer to me

If the phils are going to do a dump, they are gonna go the full way and realize they have no chance at being competitive.  They'll want prospects.  There is going to be a team that will give up legit young players and take on the salary because of the lack of SP on the market.  

I just can't see the phils doing this.  In two years, they end up with nothing for their current best pitcher.  

Cole Hamels is not a dominate pitcher. He is good, but nowhere near worth the insane amount of money owed and giving up any prospect for.

dunno how you can say he is not great. Strikes out a bunch of dudes, doesn't walk very many, doesn't give up homers in a band box and he's healthy year in year out.

he would be a slam dunk addition, and be the best pitcher on our team imo. Sorry g rich

That Hunter Pence acquisition deal from Houston sure looks like a Reagins-esque disaster for Ruben Amaro. Tack on the Howard, Rollins and other grizzled veteran extensions that were completely avoidable at the time and you have the worst GM in recent baseball history not named Tony Reagins.

That said, as horrific as his trades to acquire talent have been he might be expecting a similar haul for his players. If so, Tim Tebow might be starting for the Denver Broncos before Amaro moved a name player.

Cole Hamels is not a dominate pitcher. He is good, but nowhere near worth the insane amount of money owed and giving up any prospect for.

What exactly is your definition of a dominant pitcher?

Cole Hamels is a Top 20 pitcher in MLB. Possibly even higher. He would certainly be this team's ace.

lol 7 million?  it's like 50m or so.  probably more, wilson 5 years/77m  hamels 7 years 153m

and good luck winning in the playoffs with wilson.  it's a no brainer to me

If they are looking to save money in the long term then why would they trade their best pitcher for an older, slightly less expensive one? The point would be to get a good group of prospects AND free up Hamels' contract.

And Wilson isn't even good enough to net Hamels + all of his contract. So if the Phillies wanted to be dumb enough to trade their best starter for another veteran starter under contract, why would they want CJ? They'd want Weaver at the very least.

If you want to dump Wilson, great. I have a better idea though. How about the Angels add a number 3 starter via trade and push Wilson back? This team has no depth. Replacing Wilson with a guy like Hamels would be better, but then what happens when one (or more) of Richards, Weaver, or Hamels goes down? Then you are back at the same place you were when you just had Wilson.

nope.

Theyre too close to october. If in fact they fade, they wont until after the deadline is past

Also Shields seems like another guy who might have something wrong with him:

April/March: 2.03 ERA 0.950 WHIP and basically a K an inning

May: 4.69 ERA 1.388 WHIP 6.2 K/9 with a bunch more hits given up

June: 4.88 ERA 1.596 WHIP 5.2 K/9 and he continued to give up a bunch of hits.

He's off to a nice start in July(he had one meh start against the Twins and then shutdown the Rays), but I would be a bit nervous about giving up a bunch of him depending on what happens over his next couple starts.