• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Who here has tried Eagle Rare? May be my favorite Kentucky Bourbon so far. 

I have, but it's been a little while.

There was this dude that got into the mortgage game and I would mentor him. His previous job was working as a whiskey buyer for Bevmo or Total Wine (I forget), but that dude had all the knowledge and knew his shit when it came to bourbon or whiskey. Everyone knows about the top tier ones, but he said Eagle Rare was his normal everyday go-to. I think he liked it as more of a mixer whiskey or to try out different drinks whereas he would save the neat drinks for the Blanton's, etc. But I thought this was a great whiskey, even neat or on the rocks. I don't remember, but I think it even had a great price point around $25-30 (again, it's been awhile and this was pre-inflation).

If memory serves me correct, Buffalo Trace owns the name and distillery.

I've had one of the high end ones, too, back then. I want to say the Double Eagle or maybe a 17 year. Good stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I have, but it's been a little while.

There was this dude that got into the mortgage game and I would mentor him. His previous job was working as a whiskey buyer for Bevmo or Total Wine (I forget), but that dude had all the knowledge and knew his shit when it came to bourbon or whiskey. Everyone knows about the top tier ones, but he said Eagle Rare was his normal everyday go-to. I think he liked it as more of a mixer whiskey or to try out different drinks whereas he would save the neat drinks for the Blanton's, etc. But I thought this was a great whiskey, even neat or on the rocks. I don't remember, but I think it even had a great price point around $25-30 (again, it's been awhile and this was pre-inflation).

If memory serves me correct, Buffalo Trace owns the name and distillery.

I've had one of the high end ones, too, back then. I want to say the Double Eagle or maybe a 17 year. Good stuff. 

Yep, I found out about Eagle Rare from visiting the distillery in Kentucky (I'm super close now) and dude, as a Buffalo Trace fan, Eagle Rare was the smoothest, tastiest bourbon I have ever had. So so good. 

We have to sync up Brandon whether it's here in Nashville, Kentucky or when you hit up KC we can catch a game. I'm up for road trips! 

14 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep, I found out about Eagle Rare from visiting the distillery in Kentucky (I'm super close now) and dude, as a Buffalo Trace fan, Eagle Rare was the smoothest, tastiest bourbon I have ever had. So so good. 

We have to sync up Brandon whether it's here in Nashville, Kentucky or when you hit up KC we can catch a game. I'm up for road trips! 

For sure dude, it’s been a while. I have some buddies out there and was even looking at houses out there (the main cities like Nashville, Lynchburg, and Knoxville) as the state has no state income tax.

My cousin likes to road trip from KC to Nashville for KC/Titans games or events like the draft and Furnace Fest.

We’ll figure something out, brotha.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:23 PM, Brandon said:

For sure dude, it’s been a while. I have some buddies out there and was even looking at houses out there (the main cities like Nashville, Lynchburg, and Knoxville) as the state has no state income tax.

My cousin likes to road trip from KC to Nashville for KC/Titans games or events like the draft and Furnace Fest.

We’ll figure something out, brotha.

Awesome. Looking forward to it! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sub 40 bucks? It's $80 or above here in TN and in some liquor stores in Kentucky. 

That's the secondary market price as it's an allocated bourbon (like most Buffalo Trace products) so the demand is high and supply low. Same thing with the Weller's line of stuff. Russell's Reserve 10 year is pretty much available all the time and is just as good as Eagle Rare   

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That's the secondary market price as it's an allocated bourbon (like most Buffalo Trace products) so the demand is high and supply low. Same thing with the Weller's line of stuff. Russell's Reserve 10 year is pretty much available all the time and is just as good as Eagle Rare   

Makes sense. I've had the Russell's Reserve 10 year and thought it had a little too much heat, much like Blantons. 

Eagle Rare to me is smooth and doesn't burn your mouth after the finish. 

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Makes sense. I've had the Russell's Reserve 10 year and thought it had a little too much heat, much like Blantons. 

Eagle Rare to me is smooth and doesn't burn your mouth after the finish. 

I just got a Frey Ranch single barrel, store pick and it's 132 proof. Talk about heat!