• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

2 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Been slobbing a lot of Knobb lately, which is great for the price. The whole Small Batch family is great, with Booker's my favorite bourbon overall. 

I used to get Booker’s at Costco for $50. That shit is $100 now 

Edited by Jason

22 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Oh yeah, that was a glorious 3 months or so when they had it at Costco.

My favorite overall whisky/whiskey is Ardbeg Uigedail, but I try to only get it when I can make it down to Hi Time for that $57 price. Everywhere else it's usually $70+.

So you like the peated whiskeys?

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Oh yeah. Pretty much only Single Islay Malts for Scotch. Bought an Octomore one time, but it tasted a little unrefined.

I have a few Islays such as Lagavulin, Talisker and Laphroaig in my collection. 

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Still haven't found an Irish whisky that I really like. They all seem like they're just for getting drunk instead of enjoying the taste. People swear by Redbreast, but I've tried it and it's the same deal.

I have the 12 year Redbreast and some Tullamore Dew and I like the Redbreast a lot more. I do agree with your sentiment on Irish Whiskeys though. 

54 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Yeah, I only tried Redbreast once, at a bar in Ireland actually. I think it was the lowest-grade, so probably the 12-year. But I need to give it another shot.

Haven't tried Talisker, but Laphroaig and Lagavulin are great and complete the triumvirate with Ardbeg.

Props to you on having a collection; I buy one bottle at a time and kill it embarrassingly quickly, lol. It sucks because then I can never do direct taste comparisons, although sometimes that backfires by just conflating flavors.

Yeah I buy stuff that i want to try all the time but I don’t drink it that quick

• 4 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, failos said:

Meh. You guys are some fancy old farts. Just give me some makers mark or Johnnie Walker Black and I’m good.

Speaking of Maker’s. My Costco had a limited release that’s 101 proof. Just picked it up last night so I’ll give it a try this weekend