• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whiskey

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Been out of the whiskey loop for a bit, but this was a solid go to.

This will put some hair on your chest.

No doubt man. Usually about 120 proof, but always so freaking caramely. When I was in college I’d always sell my books back right after finals (usually $200-$300), buy a bottle of Booker’s, take myself out to a baller dinner, then blow whatever was left at the bars that night.

1 hour ago, Don said:

No doubt man. Usually about 120 proof, but always so freaking caramely. When I was in college I’d always sell my books back right after finals (usually $200-$300), buy a bottle of Booker’s, take myself out to a baller dinner, then blow whatever was left at the bars that night.

Yeah, I remember my first drink. I was a regular a long time ago when I lived in Corona at an Irish pub. Some dude from out of town on business. Him and I get to chatting and he brings up Bookers. Told him I never had it and he ordered us some neats.

Thought it was always unique that they hand wrote the ABV on the bottle because it varied bottle to bottle. I think I have seen it as high as 156 proof.

It's been awhile, but the last time I had it the drink tasted like gasoline and was on the heavier side opposed to the smoothness I remembered.

But a good bottle I like to throw in every now and then. I think it's only $50-$60 a bottle. I got on a Blanton's kick and just trying to find it, but Bookers is a solid go to. Good bourbon. 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:49 PM, Don said:

Another good bang for your buck on bourbon is Booker's IMO.

It has doubled in price in the past two years. I remember getting it on the regular at Costco for $50. If you like the barrel proof stuff try the Old Forester 1920 Prohibition style.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

It has doubled in price in the past two years. I remember getting it on the regular at Costco for $50. If you like the barrel proof stuff try the Old Forester 1920 Prohibition style.

I thought I heard this because of supply and demand. How much is a bottle running now?

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I haven’t bought a bottle in years, but remember seeing it at my local store for like $65 two years ago. I thought to myself “that seems high... probably just midtown KC pricing.”

On 10/31/2020 at 1:44 PM, Jason said:

Speaking of Maker’s. My Costco had a limited release that’s 101 proof. Just picked it up last night so I’ll give it a try this weekend 

On 10/31/2020 at 2:32 PM, failos said:

Nice let us know if it’s any good.

Finally got around to opening it up. It’s just normal Maker’s but higher proof 

F8B91A17-15F6-42FC-A32A-220A8EB80BA4.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I picked up Whistlepig 10yr rye earlier today. Been sipping on it since after dinner. Wow, its really good. 

The place i got it at has a Bookers too, which I've never had but heard through a few of you that it's excellent. Might have to pick it up on Saturday. 

Merry Christmas, y'all.

I’ve been impressed with the Whisky Row series from Old Forester. I found this one at a liquor store in Escondido. I already have their 1910 and 1920 bottles so just the 1870 is left for me to acquire. So far the 1910 is the best one 

CC172A98-6D09-47B1-8B7C-6B7B9FA6DD8A.jpeg

Edited by Jason

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...