• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Texas Rangers

Adam

The AL West is already the powerhouse division in baseball. The A's have been the best team by a lot. The Angels have been the second best team in the AL. The M's are looking like a .500 ball club or better. Next year, regardless of whether or not the Rangrs are good , they'll at the very least be dangerous. Finally, the Astros are still 2-3 years away from being competitive, but they aren't the laughing stock any more.

AL West is the toughest division in baseball as far as I'm concerned, and it'll likely remain that way at least for the next couple years.

Anyone find it odd that Carl hasn't blessed us with a post? 

He'll be back after spring training 2015.

Is that the same Carl that started the longest thread over at NewbergReport.com?  They have a thread that's like 175 pages long dedicated to celebrating/discussing everything that's wrong with the Angels.   They might as well change the name of that website to Angelslose.com.  It's owner and their fans seem more interested in talking about the Angels than their own team.  

Hows that #schadenfreude working out for you now, jackasses. 

The Fielder trade and the Choo signing finally gave Texas their own albatross contracts to look forward to after mocking the Halos for Pujols/Hamilton. Yeah, Pujols deal is far, far worse than Fielder's, but Choo's deal is worse than Hamilton's IMO. I bet Texas is tryin to get out of the crappy Andrus extension to

The Fielder trade and the Choo signing finally gave Texas their own albatross contracts to look forward to after mocking the Halos for Pujols/Hamilton. Yeah, Pujols deal is far, far worse than Fielder's, but Choo's deal is worse than Hamilton's IMO. I bet Texas is tryin to get out of the crappy Andrus extension to

They're not albatross contracts unless they financially shackle an organization. It's annoying to have really expensive players who aren't producing but it's not gonna hinder their flexibility. As far as the Andrus extension goes, he's being paid 6 million this year and if he continues to play this way then I'll deem it a crappy contract. If push comes to shove, I'm sure he can be traded to the Yankees or something. 

I'd rather Texas have a 60 million payroll because Daniels has proven that he can build a solid team with limited financial resources, but it is what it is. 

Agreed. The A's are a much more respectable and dangerous franchise. Their fans are pretty devoted too (the few they have).

Texas has been doormats forever, they were just the flavor of the month for a while there.

What a stupid ****ing statement. Being the best team in the division for three consecutive years makes them the flavor of the month? Were you extolling the A's when they were out of the conversation for a long time? 

Losing Kinsler and Cruz were mistakes but IMO Texas could easily be a threat again soon. If they finish with a protected draft pick from having a bottom-third winning perecentage they could afford to sign a top free agent without losing a draft pick. They could make a couple trades now that similar to what we did with trading Callaspo for Green (MLB ready player for a player two years away from being ready) too.

Once they get most of their players back from the DL next year combined with patching some holes in their team with a free agent acquisition and some trades they'll be right back in it. 

By the 2015 -2016 I bet Seattle will be in the cellar, and Texas, Houston, the Angels and Oakland will be in a 4-way horse race for the division.

That Dude starts making 15 mil per for the next 9 years starting next season. At least he's one of the few Rangers that can actually play defense.

holly shit are you serious? The dude never proved anything with the bat to warrent such a contract.

Rangers really screwing themselves with bad contracts. Also surprised choo is struggling so much.

Edited by Poozy