• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Texas Rangers

Adam

None of those players would help the Rangers in their current state. I'm still not sure how the sheer number of trades they've conducted suggests that they've mortgaged their future. Trading a couple of mediocre prospects and major league players in order to improve the team is common practice. 

Again, you didn't think there was anything to worry about with the rotation, and you didn't think the defense would be bad.  So, it comes as no shock that you don't think any of those players would help the Rangers.

Tanner Roark has a started 16 games, allowed fewer hits than IP, boasts an ERA under 3.00 (123 ERA+) and a 3:1 walk ratio for the Nats..  Neil Ramirez, has a 0.877 WHIP, he's posted a 1.25 ERA, He's struck out 30 batters in 20 innings.  In another thread you bemoan the loss of RP depth, a couple of stiffs like Figueroa and Ortiz and yet you don't think Justin Grimm or Pedro Strop would be of any help.   Robbie Erlin is 23 years old, still finding his way but he's posted an FIP under 3.50 and an ERA around 4,50.   In what world wouldn't he be a better option than Joe Saunders, Scott Baker, or Nick Martinez?   

That's 5 pitchers all producing at the MLB above and beyond what you are getting from most of your staff, but in your world of Ranger homerism, none of them could help the Rangers.   

Edited by Inside Pitch

The AL West is already the powerhouse division in baseball. The A's have been the best team by a lot. The Angels have been the second best team in the AL. The M's are looking like a .500 ball club or better. Next year, regardless of whether or not the Rangrs are good , they'll at the very least be dangerous. Finally, the Astros are still 2-3 years away from being competitive, but they aren't the laughing stock any more.

AL West is the toughest division in baseball as far as I'm concerned, and it'll likely remain that way at least for the next couple years.

i agree with everything you said except the astros being 2-3 years away before being competitive. they're competitive right now, just the improvement within the first half of this season is already evident. if they make a couple astute FA acquisitions, then they'll challenge for a playoff spot as soon as next year. it all depends on the front office.

Again, you didn't think there was anything to worry about with the rotation, and you didn't think the defense would be bad.  So, it comes as no shock that you don't think any of those players would help the Rangers.

Tanner Roark has a started 16 games, allowed fewer hits than IP, boasts an ERA under 3.00 (123 ERA+) and a 3:1 walk ratio for the Nats..  Neil Ramirez, has a 0.877 WHIP, he's posted a 1.25 ERA, He's struck out 30 batters in 20 innings.  In another thread you bemoan the loss of RP depth, a couple of stiffs like Figueroa and Ortiz and yet you don't think Justin Grimm or Pedro Strop would be of any help.   Robbie Erlin is 23 years old, still finding his way but he's posted an FIP under 3.50 and an ERA around 4,50.   In what world wouldn't he be a better option than Joe Saunders, Scott Baker, or Nick Martinez?   

That's 5 pitchers all producing at the MLB above and beyond what you are getting from most of your staff, but in your world of Ranger homerism, none of them could help the Rangers.   

You're basically suggesting that teams shouldn't trade players. Yeah, let's horde all these players in case 20 players hit the DL five years from now. Trading a couple of players who might be good several years down the line in order to make vital improvements isn't mortgaging the future. 

the rangers are a well run franchise. they're having a very bad year for a multitude of reasons. it's going to happen to every franchise, repeatedly. we'll see how they respond. i prefer the angels being in first. hopefully, we'll get there.

You're basically suggesting that teams shouldn't trade players. Yeah, let's horde all these players in case 20 players hit the DL five years from now. Trading a couple of players who might be good several years down the line in order to make vital improvements isn't mortgaging the future. 

I've not said that at all.   I did however point out that for all the talk about the Rangers being so brilliant, they've made many of the same "choices" the Angels have.   It's baseball.

Edited by Inside Pitch

i agree with everything you said except the astros being 2-3 years away before being competitive. they're competitive right now, just the improvement within the first half of this season is already evident. if they make a couple astute FA acquisitions, then they'll challenge for a playoff spot as soon as next year. it all depends on the front office.

I agree -- they could be a very fast riser.  AL West is pretty loaded.

I just realized that we haven't seen much of our Ranger friends on here this season. They didn't mind hanging out here when they were handing us our asses. Now that things are going the other way...

It's not just that they aren't here, almost all the Rangers forums are pretty much dead, period... not that I would know anything about that.

What did the Rangers get for those guys?

And yet you are having trouble filling the holes due to injuries. Forest, meet trees.

Allow me to remind you of a few of the things you didn't see. When people here mentioned the possible issues with your rotation you were quick to say the Rangers rotation had been dealing with essentially the same issue for several years, and that they had already been without two SPs for over a year (Lewis and Harrison), plus their best RP (Feliz). That nothing had changed and the only guy you were concerned about was Tommy Hanson... Oopsie, When I openly wondered if the weakening of the Rangers defense would have an impact on Rangers, you stated that it was "patently false" that the defense was any worse. They currently rank dead last at Baseball Prospectus in defensive efficiency and it would be really hard to argue that hasn't added to the pitching woes.

FTR, the Rangers have traded away at least 26 players in deadline deals between 2010 and 2013, including Neil Ramirez, Justin Grimm, CJ Edwards, Kyle Hendricks, Tanner Roark, Robbie Erlin, Chris Davis, Tommy Hunter, Mike Olt, and Pedro Strop. The Angels over the same time are +/- 10 players in deadline deals.

Think any of those guys would be useful this season? I feel pretty justified in saying that have traded away a "chunk" of their future.

This is the single greatest example of owning someone in a thread I've ever seen on this board, well done IP. Also IP, if you happened to know all that off the top of your head then you need to find another hobby because you've finished this one.

This is the single greatest example of owning someone in a thread I've ever seen on this board, well done IP. Also IP, if you happened to know all that off the top of your head then you need to find another hobby because you've finished this one.

I had actually looked that crap up when debating with an Angels fan who was slobberknocking all over the Rangers and how they never traded guys away, how they always seemed to bring up 5 guys. how they never needed to sign guys off the waiver wire, and the general we suck, those guys are great tripe we have all come to know and love.   So, most of it was still fresh in my mind.

• 1 month later...