• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon McCarthy

Cdaniel

I think we need to trade for RPing but if we trade for a starter why not McCarthy? He won't cost a lot in trade and he will be a FA next year. His record and ERA is bad this year, but I've been reading that his GB rate and K rate are up this year and he has been hurt by the long ball. Some think he has been unlucky and has pitched better than his number indicate. Thoughts?

Let's not even mention McCarthy has never logged more than 170 innings his career, most of it has been 130 or less. He has zero value for the Angels. Hell, he has zero value for the Diamondbacks but they still roll him out there.

I guess mlbtraderumors sold me on the idea enough to post it. I remember him being pretty solid in Oakland and it would allow Santiago to move to the pen. If his K rate, Gb rate, swing and miss and his velocity is all up from his career norms. He wouldn't get hurt as much from the long ball pitching in the west. He wouldnt cost much to get either. Then we could go after Street. I just thought it might be a good way to improve our SP depth and add two pieces to the pen.

Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Shoemaker and Skaggs. With Santiago as our 6th guy, swingman out of the bullpen. 

We don't need a SP unless that starting pitcher is much better than Skaggs and someone we can lockup. 

I'm guessing in a deal for Price if we did venture down that road it would have to include: Skaggs, either Green or Lindsey, Borenstein and probably Bedrock. 

. Headly is a FA next year and he has a herniated disk in his neck. If he needs surgery it's 6-8 weeks he is out. Might explain his numbers being down

I read he had an epidural for the pain...and in the NL he's hitting worse than Freese right now, if that is even possible.

the truth is that every year it's not the ACE or BIG BAT that is traded that has the greatest impact on the playoff race. it's always some understated trade for a player that plays out of their mind for 2 months. i'd like to see the angels get that guy, and keep their farm system in place. who it is? i have no idea.