• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you take on Cole Hamels' contract?

He's owed $23.5 million every year from now until 2018. And then an option for 2019 as follows -

"2019: $19 million option or $6 million buyout

There’s a slight twist with that 2019 option in that it vests and becomes a $24 million option if Hamels throws at least 400 innings in 2017-2018, including at least 200 innings in 2018, and isn’t on the disabled list at the end of 2018."

I'd pass

Since no team has had more than two in the same time frame and only the Yankees have had that run in my lifetime I would agree YEA YOUR DUMB

I'm way dumber. I remember back in 03 when I thought Scioscia was going to lead this team to 3 or 4 World Series in the upcoming decade.

Man. Can you believe that!

It would cost us Richards & Skaggs. So no.

They're not dumping his contract for nothing. And since the Angels don't have prospects that they want to trade, there is no way this happens.

angels will be required to give up two of their top three minor league prospects.

all other offers from other teams will include a 28 year old fourth outfielder in AA and a relief pitcher.

Yeah I'd love to get Hamels. I'd offer Santiago and prospects for Hamels and cash.

The Angels will have $25 million off the books next season with Blanton and Wells set to expire. $23.5 mill for an ace LHP with post-season experience will look like a good price. Pretty marketable player as well. More so than Lee.

Weaver, Wilson, Hamels, Richards, and Skaggs would give plenty of time for our recent SP draftees to develop without being rushed.

Edited by Shane

Yeah I'd love to get Hamels. I'd offer Santiago and prospects for Hamels and cash.

The Angels will have $25 million off the books next season with Blanton and Wells set to expire. $23.5 mill for an ace LHP with post-season experience will look like a good price. Pretty marketable player as well. More so than Lee.

Weaver, Wilson, Hamels, Richards, and Skaggs would give plenty of time for our recent SP draftees to develop without being rushed.

Don't forget there will be raises for AP, Hamilton, Trout, Weaver and Wilson...  that's about 20 mil.

While true, they could save another $5-6 by not offering arb to Freese. I'd rather see Green at third next season tbh.

Freese....  ptuey...

I'm hoping they do something to lock up Richards, a contract like the one they gave Ervin back in the day.   Would be nice if they could get some cost certainty from Richards and Skaggs both.

After leading the push to give $250 million to Pujols I would realize I should stay out of personal player decisions since I have demonstrated In clueless.

And yet regardless of who makes the decisions, it's his money that is being spent.

Pujols raises don't count towards CBT. Same with Wilson and Weaver.

Trout to count a lot more towards CBT next year.

I wasn't talking about CBT figures -- just straight payroll.    Angels lose payroll, but are gaining those dollars in other areas.   Not sure if Shane was talking about CBT figures, if so then it seems we may have been talking about different things.