• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Pujols opens up about struggles

I have a feeling if Albert were still playing in St. Louis, he would not be playing this poorly, nor be anywhere near as delusional. 

Tony La Russa seemed to be a father figure to him.  They even did things together during the offseason as friends.  Tony isn't afraid to speak his mind and I think something would have been said by now, whereas Mike Scioscia is terrified of telling players the truth, instead stringing them along and letting them believe age and/or declining skills are not a factor. 

Remember Steve Finley, Gary Matthews Jr, Bobby Abreu, Vernon Wells, Jeff Mathis, Casey Kotchman, Chris Bootcheck, Justin Speier, and Brandon Wood just to name a few?  They thought exactly the same way, and Scioscia and Co. did nothing to speak any reality into their heads.  All of these players pretty much self destructed because of it, not that they wouldn't have anyway, but the Angels did them no favors.   Albert Pujols is on the fast track to joining that list unless something is done to fix his head.  

Please.

If he didn't want to leave St. louis he shouldn't have signed here. It's all ego with him. Signs with the team who offers him the most money even though he never wanted to leave in the first place. Runs through stop signs because he can't stand not being 'the guy' anymore.

I didn't get from that quote that he regretted leaving St. Louis, but that he was struggling with a major life transition that he had never faced in his life until that point. He probably vastly underestimated the emotional toll of living away from his family for an extended period of time.

I didn't get from that quote that he regretted leaving St. Louis, but that he was struggling with a major life transition that he had never faced in his life until that point. He probably vastly underestimated the emotional toll of living away from his family for an extended period of time.

The quote is not the only thing that informs that he didn't want to leave St.L. The fact that he, and his family, still live there is. Who signs a 20 year contract and then looks at it like a business trip? The quote merely has him calling St. L 'home' - and if I had been Arte, and Albert told me he didn't intend on moving himself and his family out here permanently then I wouldn't have signed him.

I don't know what Albert's problem is, but I know he has never been fully committed to playing here.

Wow, you guys can be real dicks. Criticize him for his numbers but to make fun of a dude who was hurting and missing his family is high on the douchenozzle scale.

In before, "He's rich so I don't feel bad for him!"

HAHAHA

We really screwed him over with that 300 mil deal right? Maybe if he wanted to be with his family he should have taken St Louis's offer. 

we need to create an app for Albert where if he's in an interview and is about to speak, he says what he wants into the app and it tells him whether he should say it to the press. 

I don't dislike the guy like some do as I think he's frustrated and dealing with being the best player in the game to not anywhere close.  For some reason he's having a hard time understanding why Angel fans haven't embraced him.  Even though it's pretty obvious to us, it's clearly still not to him.  He wants to be that beloved future HOFer that he was in STL and he's trying to make us realize that he's a great player with every at bat. 

Granted, I sure as shit don't feel sorry for him, I just want him to get over himself and go back to playing baseball and stop worrying about his damn legacy. 

I'm still pulling for Pujols. Don't have much choice with that contract. In a way, I'm glad he still considers himself elite. Athletes need that sometimes to reach their best. Just remember guys....one day Trout might be putting up Albert's current numbers under a similar contract. Not with us, hopefully.

Wow, you guys can be real dicks. Criticize him for his numbers but to make fun of a dude who was hurting and missing his family is high on the douchenozzle scale.

In before, "He's rich so I don't feel bad for him!"

He sure had no problem sticking his chest out and telling the world that the Angels just wanted him more than any other team. He's an adult and he made a hasty decision to leave St Louis based on money and his I will show you St Louis ego.

Remember when Weaver said "how much money do you really need in life"? Albert and Jered are polar opposites as human beings.

OK, so I gotta ask:  Did he come out and celebrate with his teammates for the walk-off last night?

Here you go.  http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/28898650/v33619977/oaklaa-cowgill-wins-it-in-14th-with-walkoff-homer

Looks he was pretty actively enjoying the moment with everyone else.   Fun win last night.

Edited by Inside Pitch

i think some people her read a lot more into the situation than there really is

i get that he is struggling badly and a lot of you don't like the guy but come on

some of the things i read on here are ridiculous

yes he says stupid things but what ball player doesn't? and i am sure he is getting asked the same questions every single day, and things are in his head right now

but to say that he doesnt care about his team, isn't committed 100% or that he is jealous is kind of absurd

Albert seems to be a good guy and a good teammate. He just isn't a productive player anymore so I do not think it's fair to call him names and hate on him personally. It's fine to be pissed off in terms of his production and the fact he still hits 3rd everyday but enough with the personal stuff.