• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uh oh...Iraq

We're practicing isolationism right now.

We've isolated ourselves from our closest allies with this ridiculous red herring "war on terror", we've isolated ourselves from the rest of the free world with our borderline police state domestic policies, we've isolated ourselves from the global economy with rampant outsourcing and sanctions on any country that doesn't bend to our will. We've isolated ourselves from the ideals the founding fathers had for America and it's people.

America is more isolated now more than ever. Our government has declared war on the globe, and nobody is going to stand in its way, apparently. Not even the American people.

We're practicing isolationism right now.

We've isolated ourselves from our closest allies with this ridiculous red herring "war on terror", we've isolated ourselves from the rest of the free world with our borderline police state domestic policies, we've isolated ourselves from the global economy with rampant outsourcing and sanctions on any country that doesn't bend to our will. We've isolated ourselves from the ideals the founding fathers had for America and it's people.

America is more isolated now more than ever. Our government has declared war on the globe, and nobody is going to stand in its way, apparently. Not even the American people.

This part of your statement isn't really making sense.

Yes it makes no sense that companies that started in America are moving operations and manufacturing overseas and becoming not American is hurting this country.

actually outsourcing, right or wrong, makes us more part of the global economy, not less.  I don't think that is nitpicky at all.  Of course I don't believe that outsourcing is the evil thing that Obama any clearly you believe it is.  Especially not for the people who get those jobs.

actually outsourcing, right or wrong, makes us more part of the global economy, not less.  I don't think that is nitpicky at all.  Of course I don't believe that outsourcing is the evil thing that Obama any clearly you believe it is.  Especially not for the people who get those jobs.

Moving away jobs, production, and capital from American soil makes us more part of the global economy? How so? It makes other countries has a bigger part in the economy, that's for sure. How does it help America?

Some kids in the Philippines working in sweat shops for Nike, old navy, etc. for less than a dollar a day, oh yeah I'm sure they appreciate that wonderful opportunity

Moving away jobs, production, and capital from American soil makes us more part of the global economy? How so? It makes other countries has a bigger part in the economy, that's for sure. How does it help America?

Some kids in the Philippines working in sweat shops for Nike, old navy, etc. for less than a dollar a day, oh yeah I'm sure they appreciate that wonderful opportunity

Your view of outsourcing is very limited.  Ever visited any place of work that american companies own overseas?  In most cases the people that work there make more than 5 to 10 times what other people in their country make.  I can tell you those mean a world of difference to them, what would be minimum wage jobs here, or close to it put those folks in the middle class from poverty. 

Anyway, this disucssion is for another thread.

We agree on that.

I assume we don't agree on the reason for that however.

I don't think I could give a simple answer.

Nothing as simple as lowering taxes.

I think a combination of education, training, and incentives to hire and manufacture domestically.