• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uh oh...Iraq

I couldn't agree more with the guy

"The only contribution the American forces or the international coalition is going to help us with is from the sky," al-Abadi said. "We are not giving any blank check to the international coalition to hit any target in Iraq."

He said that the Iraqi military will choose and approve targets, and that the U.S. will not take action without consulting with Baghdad first. Failure to do so, he warned, risks causing civilian casualties like in Pakistan and Yemen, where the U.S. has conducted drone strikes for years.

"I actually find it puzzling that we hold a conference in Paris to help Iraq and to fight terrorism and here we are, it's the biggest neighbor of Iraq — Iran — is excluded," he said. "That puts me as a prime minister in Iraq in a very difficult position."

Al-Abadi added that Iraq is caught in the middle of "a disagreement between the international allies — or this international coalition — and Iran on the Iraqi land. For me, that is catastrophic."

This again begs the question why the hell are we leading this?  Syria doesn't want us there, Iran doesn't want us there, Iraq barely wants us there and is wondering why we exluded Iran but at the same time wants us to bomb ISIS in Syria.

It is no win. 

it's a leadership problem here in washington. barry's speech last week indicated we were going to go after ISIS and that we still need coalition partners. he's doing it backwards. we need coalition partners first, then we can go after them. if we have no support, you have to reconsider our position.

I don't care who the president is or could be.  I just don't think it would matter.  This is the fight of the people over there to fight.  I'm fine with the mountain top rescue, but not some prolonged campaign.  There is no goal, no end game and no win.

pretty much. If you're getting half assed commitments from the countries in the region, it's time to back away and let them deal with the ramifications.

The difference is ISIS is a free standing army not just some guys burying IEDs on the sandy roads hoping to take out a Hummer. The have armored vehicles, artillery and supply lines to maintain which makes them a much more recognizable target.

For now anyway.

They'll start burying IEDs once we take out their heavy equipment. 

They've also called for sympathizers in Canada, Australia, and the U.S. to kill as many civilians as they can in those countries. In other words, the message to the various sleeper cells has been heard, loud and clear.

Australian authorities thankfully uncovered a plot to behead people in the streets there.

I'm seriously considering applying for a concealed-carry permit. The only problem is, there's a long waiting list.