• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uh oh...Iraq

I don't think that analogy works, we aren't asking for help for something that is just effecting us.  Regardless I think the Euros would be wise to not piss off the U.S considering they need our clout with Russia pushing on their borders.

England and certainly Germany doesn't need anything from us. If we are talking about countries like Estonia or Georgia then maybe I'll agree with you but not the big two of Europe. And Turkey is doing just fine right now with IS doing bad things in neighboring countries. I figure they view the situation one of two ways: 1) America is going full bore again? They'll handle it so we don't need to waste our resources helping. or 2) They realize that IS are just a bunch of punk bitches and they'll wait until IS has the balls to attack Turkey to do something.

I'm just saying if I'm Turkey I do the same exact thing.

England and certainly Germany doesn't need anything from us. If we are talking about countries like Estonia or Georgia then maybe I'll agree with you but not the big two of Europe. And Turkey is doing just fine right now with IS doing bad things in neighboring countries. I figure they view the situation one of two ways: 1) America is going full bore again? They'll handle it so we don't need to waste our resources helping. or 2) They realize that IS are just a bunch of punk bitches and they'll wait until IS has the balls to attack Turkey to do something.

I'm just saying if I'm Turkey I do the same exact thing.

England and Germany need the U.S. to lead NATO, that is for damn sure.  Regardless I do not favor this plan at all.  Honestly I don't really care too much about Europe either. 

England and Germany need the U.S. to lead NATO, that is for damn sure.  Regardless I do not favor this plan at all.  Honestly I don't really care too much about Europe either. 

If push comes to shove, what would the US do (or could do) if the UK and Germany decides not to assist us in the Middle East anymore?

What "would" they do?  Nothing of course.

What "could" they do?  Drop out of Nato, stop giving them military aid. 

If the US drops out of Nato, I don't see any changes in the way of life of Germany or the UK. They don't have their military hands in multiple cookie jars like we do. And if something crazy happens like Russia threatening to invade Germany or the UK (which would never happen) then I think they know in the end we would always assist them against the likes of the Ruskis.

If the US drops out of Nato, I don't see any changes in the way of life of Germany or the UK. They don't have their military hands in multiple cookie jars like we do. And if something crazy happens like Russia threatening to invade Germany or the UK (which would never happen) then I think they know in the end we would always assist them against the likes of the Ruskis.

the u.s. dropping out of nato would change U.K. and German politics and their economics.  Heck, we have several bases in Germany.  I'm guessing that the closing of us bases would change the way of life of those living in those areas for sure.  However, we are discussing something that has a .0000001% chance of happening.

the u.s. dropping out of nato would change U.K. and German politics and their economics.  Heck, we have several bases in Germany.  I'm guessing that the closing of us bases would change the way of life of those living in those areas for sure.  However, we are discussing something that has a .0000001% chance of happening.

d3884573777c80bff020544f01f6dc15e9a6840e

France is manufacturing battleships for Russia. I don't think I would sell a country a battleship if I felt threatened by them.

France refused delivery of their first order and stopped construction on the rest after the Ukraine incident took place. There are a couple hundred Russian sailors waiting on the docks for orders to board and get training underway.

But we definitely should go after ISIS, right?

The whole thing is absurd.

If Fan was president he's already said instead of having a pu**y war like we're having in Afghanistan he would go balls to the walls in Iraq and Syria and bomb the living crap out of IS (along with bombing a sovereign country without permission and killing countless innocent civilians).

Obama has already said we would retaliate against Syria if he goes after our planes.

Even though we are flying over his airspace and dropping bombs on his country witihout his permission.  Damn we are frikking arrogant. 

Have we dropped any bombs on Syria yet?

But we definitely should go after ISIS, right?

The whole thing is absurd.

If we're going to fight a war, we should fight a real war. The problem is, the 'enemy' is all over the place and not easily identifiable. They're among the people. We can never defeat the Taliban unless we were to demolish the country, and that's not going to happen. Nor would I want it to, contrary to the belief of some people here. My point is that these 'wars' are not winnable per se. The soldiers we're losing now are being blown up by roadside bombs or shot by Taliban infiltrators posing as Afghan soldiers. The actual combat operations seem to be few and far between. And how many months will it take for the Taliban to retake control of the place after we leave?

Obama probably had it right when he said the goal was to "manage" the problem. Now he's backed down from that under pressure.

The more I hear about this, the less I like it.  Seems like some of the groups we are aligning ourselves with and even arming aren't really any better than ISIS. 

Even if they are better than IS, who's to say in 4 years from now they won't want to start attacking the Kurds who ARE our allies in that region or a different ally. How many times have we armed and aligned with a group who we ended up fighting in the last 20 years? I can think of at least 3.