• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout. Spoiler.

Maybe vent when the game is over? Venting in the 3rd inning of a game is just plain stupid in my opinion.

Don't forget to not get overly excited about good things before the game is over.

A golf clap and a soft "good show" were in order after Trout's grand slam.

Can't argue with that immaculate logic!

Again, fans should have to pick and choose when they can vent? Interesting.

It is not about venting for a particular play or event in the game. It is the fatalism and bringing into the Gameday thread complaints that have nothing to do with the game. It is about thinking that every at bat is doomed before it takes place and not even, for once, giving the opposition some credit for having a good game vs our team being losers.

Complain about Pujols striking out on a pitch in the dirt? Perfectly acceptable. Complain about Aybar tossing a relay to the ground because Kendrick misread the play and thought Erick was going to do it unassisted? Yup, that's a good topic to go over.

But that is not the examples shown in this thread and that is not what is going on in the gameday thread. You would think such an informed fanbase would have better discussions than starting off with “This game is going to suck.”

Maybe vent when the game is over? Venting in the 3rd inning of a game is just plain stupid in my opinion.

So then should we refrain from even discussing what is going on in the game until the game is over? That is absurd. Do you sit there watching the game and have 0 reactions to anything that happens until the game has ended?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

I don't get it with some of you people. You care SO much about what other people say about the team and how they choose to root for their team. Not everyone has the same outlook as you do. Not everyone can be so anti-reactionary to the point that they don't even post a single frustration while the game is going on. Some of you guys act like there is nothing but negativity here and that is just ridiculous. When the team is playing like crap, yeah the GD thread is going to have a lot of venting and negativity. What the hell do you expect? Some people need a place to vent their frustrations. But it isn't like they don't post positive things when something good happens. Yes there are people here who only seem to post in the negative but they are far fewer than they are made out to be. Honestly, who the **** cares? People have different ways of rooting for their team. Yours is no better.

So then should we refrain from even discussing what is going on in the game until the game is over? That is absurd. Do you sit there watching the game and have 0 reactions to anything that happens until the game has ended?

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

I don't get it with some of you people. You care SO much about what other people say about the team and how they choose to root for their team. Not everyone has the same outlook as you do. Not everyone can be so anti-reactionary to the point that they don't even post a single frustration while the game is going on. Some of you guys act like there is nothing but negativity here and that is just ridiculous. When the team is playing like crap, yeah the GD thread is going to have a lot of venting and negativity. What the hell do you expect? Some people need a place to vent their frustrations. But it isn't like they don't post positive things when something good happens. Yes there are people here who only seem to post in the negative but they are far fewer than they are made out to be. Honestly, who the **** cares? People have different ways of rooting for their team. Yours is no better.

That is not at all what I have said in this thread. You are taking this to an extreme.

what is the purpose of threads like these, where the OP obviously spent way more time and effort than is really necessary or even rational?

are you expecting people to apologize?  LMAO

So you are saying he should have stopped discussing the topic and responding to other members after the first page? What is this, North Korea?

It is not about venting for a particular play or event in the game. It is the fatalism and bringing into the Gameday thread complaints that have nothing to do with the game. It is about thinking that every at bat is doomed before it takes place and not even, for once, giving the opposition some credit for having a good game vs our team being losers.

Those things have everything to do with the game, it's just a way of venting you don't agree with.

I'm surprised they put this up on the jumbotron. It's embarrassing.

It was actually on TV during the Postgame Show. Took a pic of it at the bar.

I couldn't believe it when I read it, but I think it explains a lot of the frustration and game day venting we all see and participate in.

That is a lot of runs to make up in two innings. But regardless, you are condemning a 100 win season and 5 AL West championship years as being mediocre and poorly run by saying this should have happened before. They don't play in Fenway or Arlington. 5 run innings or 5+ run games are not the norm in Anaheim.

Scraping?

It took 12 years for the team to come back from a 5 run deficit at home after the 7th inning.

I didn't even think that was possible.

In my opinion this is why a separate vent thread should exist. The board has tried it two years in a row now only to see it taken away relatively soon after. I know it gets more posts usually than the gameday thread but who cares? If the Angels improve and play well, it won't be as dominate.

Just have a vent thread and beware all those that click and open it. If someone wants to declare game over in the third inning, let them. Just contain it in the vent thread.

Looks like some not even involved in the gameday threads are upset at the OP.

Just accept it and move on like when you guys make fun of the people that liked the Blanton signing or Wells trade. I don't see that crowd getting upset or defensive.