• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout. Spoiler.

xboom, I think you're missing the point of the gameday thread. It was recently merged with the rant thread. It's where people post their emotional, in-the-moment reactions to what's going on in the game. Calling anybody out for what they post in there, other than for purposes of comedy, isn't really fair IMO.

This!!!!

They are acting like frontrunners in the sense that they are jumping ship at the first sign of a loss no matter how early it is in a game.

Agreed. I watch games all the way through. It's also still fairly early in the season, Even if things don't change from their current trajectory I won't be selling all my Angels gear and buying Athletics SWAG until at least the all star break. 

Look, it's cool(and funny) to look back on negative posts in GDT and have a laugh over it after the fact, same goes when a thread gets bumped where posters are praising a signing or a trade that ended up being a shitty one. It's all in good fun

I just think it's lame to try and label people as frontrunners or lesser fans. I mean, come on, we're all regularly posting on an Angels message board here. Frontrunners, etc aren't the types to invest so heavily into a team to be posting about them on a forum.

You know what I'm sick of? People who think we're supposed to have faith in this team coming back instead of realistically understanding the poor standards this team has come to be known by. A lot of us have been watching this team for over a decade, and we know what to expect.

Last night was fun, sure. But you can't just blow people up because they're used to crappy management and players getting paid millions of dollars to roll over when they're down by a couple runs during the late innings. And you know what? THIS HASN'T HAPPENED IN OVER 10 FREAKIN' YEARS.

Caught a little fact after the game lastnight, and maybe this will explain the negative attitudes people have around here. Kinda hard to blame them.

1ang.jpg

and the main purpose of the gameday is the give people the freedom to rant and bitch without having it spread to every other thread or to have a bunch of new threads created with tons of rants.  No one is front running on anything.  If so, they'd have left a long time ago. 

Some are hypercritical, some just critical.  Some are perseverative.  

Everyone here supports the team in their own way or they wouldn't be here participating.   

Oh hey another superfan thread. Surprised to see someone as cynical as xboom try and convert to superfan status.

I guess he thinks he's better than people because he doesn't bitch during the game? Good for you bro.

Also, considering who was facing us on the mound with a low pitch count and his dominance over us, I can understand fans giving up. 

They are acting like frontrunners in the sense that they are jumping ship at the first sign of a loss no matter how early it is in a game.

I don't know what type of fan you are, but for me I don't like to see my team loss, because that would make me really unhappy.  So when I feel my team is gonna lose, I would just turn it off and wait for the next game. 

I've been an Angels fan since 87, I've been through some really bad years, and here I am, I am still an Angels fan.

Oh hey another superfan thread. Surprised to see someone as cynical as xboom try and convert to superfan status.

I guess he thinks he's better than people because he doesn't bitch during the game? Good for you bro.

Oh hey, another reaction that doesn't follow the thread intent. Xboom doesn't say he doesn't react to the in game moment, what he is tired of is the first inning fatalism that runs through the game regardless of what is actually going on. In other words, trolling every gameday thread with the same negativity and then later trying to justify it.

I don't know what type of fan you are, but for me I don't like to see my team loss, because that would make me really unhappy. So when I feel my team is gonna lose, I would just turn it off and wait for the next game.

I've been an Angels fan since 87, I've been through some really bad years, and here I am, I am still an Angels fan.

UNPOSSIBLE!

You know what I'm sick of? People who think we're supposed to have faith in this team coming back instead of realistically understanding the poor standards this team has come to be known by. A lot of us have been watching this team for over a decade, and we know what to expect.

Last night was fun, sure. But you can't just blow people up because they're used to crappy management and players getting paid millions of dollars to roll over when they're down by a couple runs during the late innings. And you know what? THIS HASN'T HAPPENED IN OVER 10 FREAKIN' YEARS.

Caught a little fact after the game lastnight, and maybe this will explain the negative attitudes people have around here. Kinda hard to blame them.

1ang.jpg

Third best record in the AL and yet you cling to the notion this team is a disaster. A lot of us have been watching this team for over 4 decades and laugh at your inability to see a quality ballclub. Sure, they have flaws but nothing to the extent you portray the team having.

and the main purpose of the gameday is the give people the freedom to rant and bitch without having it spread to every other thread or to have a bunch of new threads created with tons of rants.  No one is front running on anything.  If so, they'd have left a long time ago. 

Some are hypercritical, some just critical.  Some are perseverative.  

Everyone here supports the team in their own way or they wouldn't be here participating.   

You know I like you a lot Doc and think you are one of the most knowledgeable guys on the board but your assessment of what the gameday thread is for is bullshit.

Oh hey, another reaction that doesn't follow the thread intent. Xboom doesn't say he doesn't react to the in game moment, what he is tired of is the first inning fatalism that runs through the game regardless of what is actually going on. In other words, trolling every gameday thread with the same negativity and then later trying to justify it.

Through 7 innings last night, there was plenty going on to give people reason to vent. It was 5-0 and the Angels had 3 hits.

Through 7 innings last night, there was plenty going on to give people reason to vent. It was 5-0 and the Angels had 3 hits.

Against one of the top 10 pitchers in all of baseball. Yeah, plenty of reason to vent. How dare they not run out an opposing teams ace in 3 innings or less.

Yup, and it didn't look good for the Superfans, they may have to accept another defeat. But then Mike Trout, Superstar, put on his cape and blew away the evil Failos with a grand slam and quashed another upcoming thread, Why Isn't Trout Clutch?  And the rest is history.

Can't argue with that immaculate logic!

Again, fans should have to pick and choose when they can vent? Interesting.

Maybe vent when the game is over? Venting in the 3rd inning of a game is just plain stupid in my opinion.