• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout. Spoiler.

The chatroom is pretty cool and another option. Although, that has the same thing as Blarg mentioned where everyone is commenting on the game as it goes with the ups and downs but someone will bring up Wells, Blanton, or one of the Eeyore threads that kind of annoys everyone.

Chat is usually moderated a little tighter and there are a few people that have been kicked off and get the hint not to treat it like a vent thread. I'm rarely on chat since most games are during my work or commute hours and I am an embarrassingly slow typist.

I went to a whitesox board after the game last night for laughs. They wanted to nail Ventura's balls to home plate. If people here said about Scioscia what those fans said about Ventura I bet strormngt would spontaneously combust. This place is great. Maybe a few too many post police but nothing terrible.

I am sorry I am annoying you but F'N smartphone won't let me post below the quote. You know what is annoying. Being annoyed over stupid shit like that.

the main thing I am taking away from this thread is that it's annoying when storm quotes something and types his response above the quote :)

I am sorry I am annoying you but F'N smartphone won't let me post below the quote. You know what is annoying. Being annoyed over stupid shit like that.

it was a joke dude.  I couldn't care less.  I was just giving you shit. 

Apparently you ate it before you realized. 

it's a moderator issue imo.

if venting isnt allowed in GD thread then ban anyone who vents, or the mods need to let them know it's not allowed.

if it is allowed then you need to lock threads like this immediately, and stop allowing flame wars over who is the best fan and taking sides..wtf.

There was absolutely nothing in your post to suggest levity or sarcasm. My bad for the misinterpretation. However i have been called douche, said I would support Sosh if he committed murder, and even had a poster deliberately edit one of my posts to make it look like I said things that I didn't. All done by members of this board. So forgive me for being overly sensitive.

it was a joke dude. I couldn't care less. I was just giving you shit.

Apparently you ate it before you realized.

Edited by stormngt

it's a moderator issue imo.

if venting isnt allowed in GD thread then ban anyone who vents, or the mods need to let them know it's not allowed.

if it is allowed then you need to lock threads like this immediately, and stop allowing flame wars over who is the best fan and taking sides..wtf.

Venting is allowed in the GD thread...as long as it pertains to the game. Don't derail the game with your views on the monotonous topics that are on the board.

There was absolutely nothing in your post to suggest levity or sarcasm. My bad for the misinterpretation. However i have been called douche, said I would support Sosh if he committed murder, and even had a poster deliberately edit one of my posts to make it look like I said things that I didn't. All done by members of this board. So forgive me for being overly sensitive.

I put a smiley face after what I said but no worries.  I would hope that anyone making a personal attack toward you would be dealt with appropriately. 

Nothing wrong with venting. The problem lies when a reactionary or emotional outburst becomes a pattern of bashing. We have some members that vent towards other posters instead of the team. It's all usually harmless most of the time. I don't want to beat a broken record or sound like a dead horse but we all know when someone is obviously stepping over the line. And a single emotional post maybe acceptable when it stands alone. It's when collectively these posts paint a picture/pattern of bashing the team that some of us lose sight of why we came here in the first place.

I came to this site to talk about Angels baseball. I came to share my love of the game and maybe my perspective on the history of the team and the day to day roller coaster that is a long season. I have praised players and called for the heads of others. Often times the same player in the same week. It's part of being emotionally invested in this team.

Some of us however use parts of a game to prove their opinion while ignoring anything that would disprove their theory. It can be VERY hard to watch a game without a bias. Having that same bias while posting just screws things up.

I honestly think the homers with their holier than thou crap when the Angels are winning is just as bad as the failios.

With that said, I stopped going to the GD chat because it is just a bunch of failios bashing the players and coaches after every pitch.  I can be pretty cynical but that is not enjoyable at all to be around.