• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conger vs Ianetta

I am not debating Sosh. I am debating you guys. I don't care if the manager is completely forth coming. I care about how the team performs. Did they over achieve? Or under achieve?

Now before someone responds to the "Underachieving last four years argument" I have already argued that I only believe the team under achieved in 2012. 2010, 2011, 2013 we did not have the personal to do better.

What about the consistency of Scioscia's logic?

Obviously CERA isn't the right name for it but I think most are trying to get to pitch framing ability. People who don't access the pitch framing data (and at this point in the season the sample is too small anyway) will have to use CERA because that is the closest thing to where it will show up.

Pitch framing data? What data proves that framing is directly responsible for pitches being called strikes?

Bullshit.

How many major league catcher would be a real upgrade over Conger?

I count 6 or 7 depending on how far you look.

You think Conger is in the top 10 MLB catchers?  Maybe you can somehow show that statistically but I don't feel like I'm watching a top 10 MLB catcher.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the platoon works.......having said that you're asking this after I was at Friday night's game against Texas which may have been one of Iannetta's worst nights ever behind the plate.

they seemed to steal at will against him and then he had about two passed balls (one of which may have been scored a wild pitch but shouldn't have been).

Conger played the next night and had a good night behind the plate and at the plate.

Here is a great article that shows the importance of pitch framing and look who ranks as one of the best in the majors.

Actually they listed Iannetta as one of the worst framers in the majors.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11127248/how-catcher-framing-becoming-great-skill-smart-teams-new-york-yankees-espn-magazine

Edited by rageous

Here is a great article that shows the importance of pitch framing and look who ranks as one of the best in the majors.

Actually they listed Iannetta as one of the worst framers in the majors.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11127248/how-catcher-framing-becoming-great-skill-smart-teams-new-york-yankees-espn-magazine

Looks like Conger vs Iannetta is the new Mathis vs Napoli, except this time everyone on the boards is siding with Mathis.

Note I think we should have kept Napoli but strictly as a DH/1B and avoided the Pujols deal.

If I had a time machine, I would go back and stop the Wells deal from ever being made.

And then after that maybe kill Hitler or something like that

kill_hitler.png

You spelled Iannetta wrong.

Anyway, I will take Conger over Ianetta any day of the week purely because he's an Asian catcher.

Can't beat those kung fu instincts behind the plate.

haha! Yes, whenever Conger does well, Master Shih Fu nods in approval!

Plus the guy is a local!