• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You know what I would like ...

People coming on here saying the season is basically over and then continuing to chime in on a daily basis makes no sense to me. Has nothing to do with opinions. 

That isn't what you said. You said "anyone saying they aren't a playoff team should be banned". There is a huge difference between saying the season is over and not agreeing that this is a playoff team. Also the implication that only people who look at the team in a positive light can post here.

That has everything to do with opinions.

Sorry,  flop, but saying you care more about the wins and losses than they do is ridiculous.  Not sure what you expected

and you base that on what exactly?

im not the first person to feel this way.. that last series in Oak was a trainwreck of huge proportions andthey didnt seem to give a rats... noone said anything then.. now suddenly we win a few and everyone wants to pile on... typical.

whatever i should know better around here i guess

That isn't what you said. You said "anyone saying they aren't a playoff team should be banned". There is a huge difference between saying the season is over and not agreeing that this is a playoff team. Also the implication that only people who look at the team in a positive light can post here.

That has everything to do with opinions.

It just pissed me off seeing some on here already throwing in the towel. Their opinions of this team differ from mine, yes, and there is nothing wrong with that. But why must some continue to crap on the team? I'm no super fan myself, I cuss out my television nightly and see the flaws they have. I don't go out and say we aren't gonna be any good for another 2 years so let's just pack it up...oh by the way I'm going to post a bunch of my opinions(that's fine) on my favorite teams forum crapping on them. So many people do that here and I think to myself "WHY ARE THEY HERE THEN?" To vent? Maybe. But if we aren't a winning team now in their eyes should that surprise them and make them angry? Shouldn't(in my opinion) So I post my opinion on their opinions and I get crap for my opinion sounding like it's the end all be all of opinions. Well that's your opinion..see how that works? I know it's all pointless since I'm an enemy here now but I just thought i'd expand on my feelings.

And bring on the negative talk, that's what make this forum awesome, the reason why I follow it,  and why it's popular...also why it's unpopular to actually support the team and not nit pick. Go Angels

and you base that on what exactly?

im not the first person to feel this way.. that last series in Oak was a trainwreck of huge proportions andthey didnt seem to give a rats... noone said anything then.. now suddenly we win a few and everyone wants to pile on... typical.

whatever i should know better around here i guess

Basic logic, I'm guessing.

The whole narrative of "Team playing poorly + Not enough smashing things and yelling = WHY DONT THEY CARE!!!???!!!" has to the worst narrative, and that's really saying something.

Edited by jshep

I'm actually glad the Angels don't get all pissed off, angry and emotional when they lose.  Why?  Because frankly it shows that they're mature, they're professionals and they recognize that losses are going to happen.  Even the best teams in history have lost 1 game for every 2 they win, or had losing streaks of 3-4 games - losing is a part of baseball, and if you can't handle it you probably aren't at the majors level anyway.  Brushing off losses allows them to win 5 in a row after losing 4 in a row.

Now having said that, *I* get emotional about their losses . . . I get down . . . sometimes puts me in a bad mood when it's a tough loss.  But I'm glad it's not *my* emotional state that they're relying on headed into their next game or we'd have a losing streak of unimaginable proportions.

Now jogging down the 1st base line and still getting thrown out when the short-stop bobbles it because you didn't sprint, that's different.  THAT pisses me off and I hope that pisses off the player himself and his teammates, but that's different than just losing.

Losing's a part of baseball.