• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AT&T in talks to buy Directv

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-12/at-t-said-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-directv-for-about-50-billion.html

AT&T Inc. (T) is in advanced talks to acquire DirecTV, the largest U.S. satellite-TV provider, for about $100 per share, according to people familiar with the matter.

Under the plan being discussed, DirecTV management will continue to run the company as a unit of AT&T and DirecTV Chief Executive Officer Mike White plans to retire after 2015, said the people, asking not to be named because the information is private.

The $100 per share price values El Segundo, California-based DirecTV at about $50 billion. That’s about 29 percent above DirecTV’s price on April 30, before initial reports of the talks. DirecTV rose 6 percent to $92.50 as of 5:15 p.m. in New York, after closing regular trading at $87.16 a share earlier today.

Now we just need Whataburger to buy In N Out and the universe will be aligned perfectly. 

Yes, but only if they do so under under the condition that they convert all Whataburgers except for one in each city to In-N-Outs. Or just add a separate register at each of the newly christened INOs for a chicken fingers, gravy and toast meal line.

Edited by RallyMo

Directv has the best customer service I have experienced with telecom.  ATT has by far the worst.  Hope this doesn't happen.

Apparently you've never enjoyed the crapfest that is known as Charter cable.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with AT&T.

I love Directv.  As others have said, amazing customer service.  I've refused to even get ATT cell phone coverage because their customer service sucks.  

I have been a DirecTV customer for years, love their customer service. The only thing that rags me about them is all the freebies they throw at new customers that they expect me to pay for. Newbies free, me, $200. Apparently you aren't worth as much to them once you're on board.

My cellular service is with AT&T, but only because they ate my last cellular company (Cingular). Just like I have had security systems with three different companies, all eventually swallowed by ADT - who I detest.

I have been a DirecTV customer for years, love their customer service. The only thing that rags me about them is all the freebies they throw at new customers that they expect me to pay for. Newbies free, me, $200. Apparently you aren't worth as much to them once you're on board.

My cellular service is with AT&T, but only because they ate my last cellular company (Cingular). Just like I have had security systems with three different companies, all eventually swallowed by ADT - who I detest.

Call them and ask for the retention department then ask them what they are offering.  They will give you all the same perks they give new customers.  I do it about once a year.

Nate, I have never had Culvers but I have heard good things. I have no idea what it tries to be or what to even compare it too but my guess is its at least decent. I haven't even tried 5 Guys, not because I am such a company man that I don't try our competitors, it just hasn't happened yet. I have heard it is good, just expensive, they also use shredded lettuce, I've been told, and I don't really care for it. I do like the idea of trying it with A1. I've had The Habit and it was good. Nate, I hate to say it, but I seriously don't see INO up there any time in the near future, however, I could see us in another state sometime next year.

Hah yeah I don't hold out any hope of getting INO out here.  It will be the first thing I do when I fly back out to CA though.

Culvers is kind of like a DQ maybe?  They do burgers, chicken sandwiches and chicken fingers.  They also do soft serve.  They are only in the midwest, started by a WI family.  I think they have about 500 locations.  Their big thing is everything is a "butter burger" because they use a buttery bun.  They use mayo, pickles, onions, lettuce and tomato.  Not many burger selections.  cheese, double cheese, bacon cheese and double bacon cheese.  Crispy and grilled chicken sandwiches, and chicken fingers.  Pretty generic crinkle cut fries with the option of sweet potato fries.

They do it made to order so when going through the drivethru you pay and then get a number and park in a temporary spot until they come out and bring the food.  Takes about five minutes.

Now that I gave you their entire business plan you guys should be able to crush them!