• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AT&T in talks to buy Directv

Directv has the best customer service I have experienced with telecom. ATT has by far the worst. Hope this doesn't happen.

I have experienced the exact opposite. I had directv from 96-2002. Awful customer service. The mover program was terrible. Those phone ppl could give two shits about my problem.

I've had AT and T for years on the mobile side and they are tremendous. Credit my account all the time if I complain about something. Always remove and wave bs fees. They even told me to avoid the store and to buy at Walmart the last time one of my kids got the iPhone 5s.

I love this merger. Tv will be more broadband and personalized. They can stream a billion channels to your mobile device. With unlimited data, I'm a happy camper.

Crazy that I have had the exact opposite experience.

I have had Directv from about 2002 to current and had ATT Wireless from when it was originally Pac Bell.  I really never had issues on the wireless side.  It was just a bill I paid every month.

I also had ATT DSL a few years back when I lived in a condo.  Some tech came out to work on another person's phone and ended up cutting our line in the process.  When I called they wouldn't send someone out for three days, even after escalating, etc.  When the tech was finally scheduled to come out they never did.  I called again to find out they claimed they didn't have access.  I work from home so I was home the entire day and nobody contacted me.  Further the community left the gate open during the day and there was nothing blocking the box.  When I finally got someone onshore they admitted that the techs do that because they have too many tickets.  Then they told me it would be three more days before they could get someone back out there.  I told them to **** off and switched to Comcast.  They were offering me discounts, but I didn't care, I wasn't spending another three days without internet.

With Directv I call them about once a year to get the retention department and they give me usually around 20 bucks a month off my bill for a year and whatever other promotion they are giving.

One has to assume this entire deal revolves around Sunday Ticket.

If I'm AT&T I put in a clause to axe the entire thing if Sunday Ticket doesn't come along for the ride.

ie - if DirecTV can't renew the deal with the NFL, I would walk (or at least, I would want the option of walking).