• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hank Conger

Glen

Conger showed these signs a year ago and then tailed off some.

But he has the look of someone who isn't planning on tailing off any time soon.

He may have finally realized his potential at age 26. Remember that Bengie didn't become the #1 catcher until he reached age 26 in 2000.

Ibanez

Ibanez

Conger

Conger

At this point anytime Iannetta's catching I'd rather see Conger at DH, regardless of the pitching matchup. Ibanez has had a couple of big RBI games, otherwise he literally has been the worst hitting DH in a long, long time so far this season. 

Time to hang em up I think. 

Conger showed these signs a year ago and then tailed off some.

But he has the look of someone who isn't planning on tailing off any time soon.

He may have finally realized his potential at age 26. Remember that Bengie didn't become the #1 catcher until he reached age 26 in 2000.

For an everyday starter that isn't horrible for a catcher. They have the very toughest job on the team. They have their concentration divided the most of any player in baseball.

Still having trouble evaluating talent? And I say still because of this beauty of a thread. http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/3297-bourjos-update/?hl=%20hank%20%20conger

Still having trouble stumbling over your own statements? When Conger passes Bourjos in OPS for his career stats then you may have an argument. Until then you are still laughable.

Still having trouble stumbling over your own statements? When Conger passes Bourjos in OPS for his career stats then you may have an argument. Until then you are still laughable.

Eric, I am pretty sure he was referring to this year.

Not really a fair comeback since Bourjos has started way more games than Hank. I believe he's talking about overall potential and upside here too. 

isn't it risky to use our only back up catcher as a DH?

We had a nice thread about this recently and I don't really think it is that risky. If one gets injured then you go the rest of that game with the pitcher hitting, when it is late in the game you just pinch hit. Then you bring up another catcher, no different than if one of your catchers got hurt.

Is and will be is not the same as is and now. Shane wants his one month sample size now that it is in his favor. His link to an argument last season was at the start of 2013 and even with Bourjos out for most of the year and playing with an injured hand still hit the same as Conger. So, yeah, I take his posts with a grain of salt.

Not really a fair comeback since Bourjos has started way more games than Hank. I believe he's talking about overall potential and upside here too. 

Just to add, after his horrific start, Bourjos the last 9 games seems to have turned it around and is hitting .389/.450/.667 during that time period. So we can all play small sample size arguments together.

Edited by Eric Notti

Is and will be is not the same as is and now. Shane wants his one month sample size now that it is in his favor. His link to an argument last season was at the start of 2013 and even with Bourjos out for most of the year and playing with an injured wrist still hit the same as Conger. So, yeah, I take his posts with a grain of salt.

Bourjos' sample size by this time last year was in his favor when I said Conger has a better bat than Bourjos. My argument was that he would be more productive than Bourjos offensively moving forward.

Edited by Shane

Then consider this my declaration that it'll continue to be in my favor.  ;)

Hah! I hope you are right, Shane and I also hope by being right it isn't because Bourjos continues to hit .221 for the year but puts up a solid OPS so when Conger does pass him it is a win for the Angels and not just my guy had four more dribbling singles than your guy over his career.

Edited by Eric Notti