• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hank Conger

Glen

Hank just looks like he is going to mash whenever he steps to the plate. I actually wasn't surprised one bit by his homerun yesterday. You could just tell, looking at him, that he knew he was going to rip into one.

I am starting to think Hank has the bat to DH.

Hank just looks like he is going to mash whenever he steps to the plate. I actually wasn't surprised one bit by his homerun yesterday. You could just tell, looking at him, that he knew he was going to rip into one.

I am starting to think Hank has the bat to DH.

If the option was Ibanez yes, but now that Cron is here, no.

Just get Conger and Iannetta in a platoon. Hank should receive way more abs that way.

If the option was Ibanez yes, but now that Cron is here, no.

Just get Conger and Iannetta in a platoon. Hank should receive way more abs that way.

A platoon is never a way to maximize ABs, and I think they are already in a platoon.

That said, I understand that Iannetta is the veteran, gets on base, blah blah blah.  However, Iannetta has a .370 OBP and a .788 OPS.  Conger has a .364 OBP and a .932 OPS.  .004 difference in getting on base, .144 difference in OPS.

Free Conger!  

A platoon is never a way to maximize ABs, and I think they are already in a platoon.

That said, I understand that Iannetta is the veteran, gets on base, blah blah blah.  However, Iannetta has a .370 OBP and a .788 OPS.  Conger has a .364 OBP and a .932 OPS.  .004 difference in getting on base, .144 difference in OPS.

Free Conger!  

I'm a huge OBP guy, but this. Very this. Add in the defensive difference and the starts should be about 70% Conger. When he isn't catching I'd be fine with him DHing once in awhile. 

Free Conger!  

Conger and Iannetta are not in a straight platoon, unfortunately. Iannetta gets way too many at bats vs. righties!

I would prefer Conger, but Ianetta isn't as bad as a lot of guys on here make him out to be. The one thing he does that drives me nuts is his constant stabbing at the ball when he is catching. He appears (without doing any research) to be throwing runners out at a higher percentage this year than last. He is getting on base, and he occasionally hits one out. There isn't a huge difference between the two unless of course one is on fire, like Conger has been of late. So you kind of pick your poison as it relates to the two catchers, you have one that receives the ball well but can't throw anyone out, or the one that stabs at everything but throws runners out. One gets on base at a higher clip and occasionally hits for power, the other hits for power, doesn't walk too much and strikes out more. I say the platoon is working fine.

I would prefer Conger, but Ianetta isn't as bad as a lot of guys on here make him out to be. The one thing he does that drives me nuts is his constant stabbing at the ball when he is catching. He appears (without doing any research) to be throwing runners out at a higher percentage this year than last. He is getting on base, and he occasionally hits one out. There isn't a huge difference between the two unless of course one is on fire, like Conger has been of late. So you kind of pick your poison as it relates to the two catchers, you have one that receives the ball well but can't throw anyone out, or the one that stabs at everything but throws runners out. One gets on base at a higher clip and occasionally hits for power, the other hits for power, doesn't walk too much and strikes out more. I say the platoon is working fine.

Conger is throwing out 31% of base stealers, Ianetta 29%.

Conger is throwing out 31% of base stealers, Ianetta 29%.

That is surprising, because it just seems different. I hate when my eyes lie to me. How is there 31% this early in a season or 29%. So basically it is even this season. Maybe it is as simple as when Hank misses, the ball misses high and it looks worse.

That is surprising, because it just seems different. I hate when my eyes lie to me. How is there 31% this early in a season or 29%. So basically it is even this season. Maybe it is as simple as when Hank misses, the ball misses high and it looks worse.

Part of it might be that awful game Conger had.  One "ah, shit" wipes out twenty "attaboys!".