• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Girardi getting tossed

Yep. It was a strike. Iannetta just sucks at framing pitches.

Yeah.  That was a horrible frame job.  I thought it was a ball initially because of how he caught it but after seeing trax it was clearly a strike. 

Also, haven't seen a manager go that nuts in a long time.  That was great. 

Edited by Dochalo

Not according to Fox Trax. It caught the bottom of the strike zone. 

to be fair that same pitch had been called a ball earlier in the  game, and was called a ball later in the game. 

@jorgeccastillo: Joe Girardi on Laz Diaz: “He gave me ‘The Mutombo’ and I don’t appreciate that. I’m not a little kid and I don’t need to be scolded.”

That's racist!

Even though it benefited the Angels, his argument was valid.  It was clearly a ball.  But it was still fun to watch Girardi go nuts and get tossed.

I guess you didn't watch the game on foxsports.  Their replay showed it clearly in the strike zone.  So you assessment was off.

both Fox Sports and SI.com are making big deals about this, saying the umpire acted unprofessionally and made it an ump show and all about him

think its only because it was against the Yankees? I've seen umpires act a lot worse than last night

My favorite part about all this is it shows how entitled the Yankees and their fans are about getting calls.  People are complaining that Diaz's strikezone started to greatly favor the Angels after Girardi was tossed, except....

Shawn Kelley, who also got tossed, actually got one bad call -- in his favor

numlocation.php-pitchSel=518875&game=gid

Thornton just sucked

numlocation.php-pitchSel=407819&game=gid

Claiborne's called balls weren't even remotely close

numlocation.php-pitchSel=502011&game=gid

Frieri's half of the inning was also called accurately

numlocation.php-pitchSel=457117&game=gid

lol at the Yankees and their fans

You think Joe said "oops" when he say the Fox trax later? That was just wicked late break on a ball, crosses at the bottom of the knees and almost ends in the dirt before the catcher can get it!

You think Joe said "oops" when he say the Fox trax later? That was just wicked late break on a ball, crosses at the bottom of the knees and almost ends in the dirt before the catcher can get it!

I don't remember a time where a manager apologized for going nuts on pitches not called to their liking.