• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Carlos Gomez Brawl

Lhalo

Cole needs to grow some thicker skin, or at least get IN the face of the batter if he really feels that passionate about the batter looking at his hit. Talking shit while walking away seemed rather weak to me.

Gomez is another ass-hat. Only until someone gets to him is he all about wanting to get at the other player. He could have easily told Cole to got F himself and laughed at him. But no, not Gomez. He has to prove just how tough he is. Haha, what a joke. He should be suspended and only be allowed to return after attending anger management classes. 

I hate the HR trot and I love it when players start it and then it doesn't leave the park. Usually it just leads to an out, so there's really not much to be said and done, the player just heads back to the dugout and maybe gets a ribbing from his fellow teammates or maybe an earful from the manager, but that's it.

Pitchers rarely get one on one time after being insulted while the ego-maniacal player is standing safe on a bag. Yeah, a pitcher gets shown up on the field, there are going to be a few harsh words sent their direction. Carlos is the one that got embarrassed after trying to embarrass the pitcher, got butt-hurt about it and then threw a hissy-fit. Serves him right.

I've never seen Albert Pujols NOT pimp a home run yet Gomez gets all this grief when he does it? Kind of a double standard don't you think.

First of all, no one should pimp a Home Run, ever. That said, once a player clears 100 in their career, they've earned the right have the rules bent a little, but not much.

Besides, you don't see Albert take several slow steps down the line to first, never taking his eyes off the pitcher until he gets nearly to first base only to hear his 1B coach screaming at him to get his ass in gear because it's staying in the park.

Carlos Gomez is a douche.  He'll throw a bat-flip in there, cadillac up first base, yell and stare at the pitcher, etc.  If the dude just did a brief glance at his homeruns, that would be one thing.  He goes over the top and it rubs many the wrong way, myself included.  Fastest way to curtail that non-sense is to stick a few pitches in his earhole.  Until then, rinse and repeat.

i'll go against the grain. carlos gomez is awesome. he's a really good player and pitchers get all butt hurt when he takes them deep. pitchers can't handle a bat flip, but they can get a punch out and scream and fist pump? i've got a recommendation for cole and brian mccann and all the other caretakers of the game, grow a pair. 

btw, albert is a notorious homerun trotter. if it's for the "sake" of the game, then it doesn't matter how many homeruns you've hit in your career.

Pitchers pump a fist, walk off the mound before the ump calls strike three, etc. without much repercussion. If they don't want a batter to admire a bomb then make better pitches. It's not like batters are starring down or yapping at pitchers. Pitchers crying of anything that is not directed at them is akin to a kid throwing a tantrum when the square block doesn't fit in the round hole.