• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Carlos Gomez Brawl

Lhalo

I find the unspoken rules in baseball and situations like this to be some of the lamest in all of sports.

Pump your fist when you get a crucial strikeout or pump your fist running the bases like Iannetta did when he hit the walk off, who cares.

I can't even imagine other sports where someone gets pissed about someones touchdown or goal celebration.

These threads always bring out the dinosaurs with their archaic backwards thinking of how the sports supposed to be played. 

I find the unspoken rules in baseball and situations like this to be some of the lamest in all of sports.

Pump your fist when you get a crucial strikeout or pump your fist running the bases like Iannetta did when he hit the walk off, who cares.

I can't even imagine other sports where someone gets pissed about someones touchdown or goal celebration.

These threads always bring out the dinosaurs with their archaic backwards thinking of how the sports supposed to be played. 

I know where you're coming from, Brandon on this. 

That said, Carlos Gomez has a track record stemming back to his days in the Mets affiliates coming up. I know from people on the inside that he's an arrogant dick. 

I don't get the hate towards Gomez. Sure, he pimped the hell out of that but who cares?

Personally, I could care less if a guy showboats whether he's on he Angels or he's not. Some of the unwritten rules in baseball are dumb. Let the players have fun. 

No way. There's a reason there are taunting violations in the NFL. This is one of them. 

I don't get the hate towards Gomez. Sure, he pimped the hell out of that but who cares?

Personally, I could care less if a guy showboats whether he's on he Angels or he's not. Some of the unwritten rules in baseball are dumb. Let the players have fun. 

You could care less? Meaning, you care a ton?

Gomez is a top ten player in baseball right now, but he still has to earn it? What has Gerrit Cole done to earn anything?

Cole was acting like a little b!tch

Dude got rocked for a triple and got extremely butt hurt. Why? Idk just like people point if he got a big strikeout you know he'd be pumped.

Gomez plays the game with confidence and isn't afraid to show it. I personally have nothing against that and he's really good at the game of baseball

Enough with the unwritten rules. Played out and so many to keep up with in baseball.

I know where you're coming from, Brandon on this. 

That said, Carlos Gomez has a track record stemming back to his days in the Mets affiliates coming up. I know from people on the inside that he's an arrogant dick. 

Yeah, I definitely don't clear him. Dude has severe self-esteem issues if he is throwing blows at dudes that are upset with him pimping his hit.

Dudes with fragile egos are weak, but I find guys like Cole that feel they are on some pedestal to be just as weak. What sucks for batters is pitchers control the situation because they can just bean them if they want....much like another stupid situation where Cole Hamels beaned some dude because he said he didn't like him or some shit.

Cole was acting like a little b!tch

Dude got rocked for a triple and got extremely butt hurt. Why? Idk just like people point if he got a big strikeout you know he'd be pumped.

Gomez plays the game with confidence and isn't afraid to show it. I personally have nothing against that and he's really good at the game of baseball

Enough with the unwritten rules. Played out and so many to keep up with in baseball.

Cool post bro.

This isn't about unspoken rules or dinosaurs.  Gomez is a punk.  

Saying things in the heat of the moment is one thing.  Showing emotion is cool.  Gomez has gone far beyond that several times.  

Not a fan of what Cole did, but all he did was say a few choice words.  Not really a big deal.  There may be repercussions to mouthing off, though... like your teammate getting punched in the face.  That's why I'm not a fan of it.

So what are the thoughts about Joba fist pumping after strikeouts that end the inning? Or closers who close out games? Robot baseball players are fun and all but I like a little attitude

Screw Joba, Franky, and Rodney. They're three of the biggest jackasses in baseball and they all act like children out on the mound. I look at them no differently than I do Gomez or Puig.

Gomez is a highly-emotional player, which is good and bad.  I'm not a fan of his because I think if you show-up a pitcher, you better expect a fastball to the ribs.  He doesn't know how to control his emotions.

In this instance, I really don't think he did anything wrong.  Sure, he flipped the bat and was slow in getting his run on, but there are PLENTY of players who do that.  Go ahead and throw him out at 3rd, if you think he was jogging.  As far as the code goes.. Cole should go ahead and back-up 3rd base on the throw as he's supposed to do.

Cole picked the fight when he went over and cussed-out (you can hear it on one of the broadcasts) Gomez, but Gomez certainly forced the issue into something more.  He should have stayed on the bag, and said his piece to Cole.  Of course, Cole knows he's a hothead and would react like that.

The sucker-puncher should be banned for the remainder of the season; that's just chicken-shit, gangster, bullshit.

MLB players are no different than fans like us (besides the mad jack).  They watch the highlights and they have opinions on what they believe is cool or not.  Alot of that opinion is formed from years of playing baseball, and coaches teaching them baseball etiquette.  I think Cole probably has a negative opinion of Gomez prior to this incident and watching him batflip and watch the non-homer set him off.  I don't think this incident in and of itself justifies the reaction, but the cumulative douch-baggery does.

I just watched the video and if anyone should be pissed at Gomez it's his team. If Harper has to take crap for dogging it on a play that's a 99.99% sure out then Gomez should take crap for dogging it on a potential inside-the-parker. I guess our boy Roenicke isn't as hardcore and Williams.