• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick or Grant Green to Toronto Blue Jays?

Chuck

The difference between a 2 ERA reliever and 4 ERA reliever over the course of 50 innings is 11 runs. Howie should easily make up that difference and much more on Grant Green.

And what is the difference between Howie and the player who replaces him? Probably not that big of a gap.

Since when does Toronto have pitching to offer?   If they are hard up for IFers, offer them Freese, I hear tell he's a legit power hitter who knows when to hit.  BTW, I don't wanna hear how Freese can't play 2B, from the looks of it he can't play 3B either...

Payback for Kelly Gruber.

Edited by Inside Pitch

from a toronto fan on reddit/r/baseball

"Yeah, Santos has had health issues, but he is an absolutely elite reliever when healthy, and he seems to be healthy. I am sure the Jays could throw in a long man in Esmil Rogers, or another lower level reliever in Neil Wagner. The Jays have 5 elite relievers in Janssen, Delabar, Cecil, Loup and Santos, so I am interested to see if the Jays and Angels could work out a deal."

Since when does Toronto have pitching to offer?   If they are hard up for IFers, offer them Freese, I hear tell he's a legit power hitter who knows when to hit.  BTW, I don't wanna hear how Freese can't play 2B, from the looks of it he can't play 3B either...

Payback for Kelly Gruber.

I laughed pretty hard at this. Well done.

btw Izturis tripped in the dugout and tore his ACL. Out 4-6 months. You can't make that shit up.

You can take a player away from the Angels, but you can't take the Angels out of a player.

mo-vaughn(2).jpg

It wouldn't take howie to get a potentially elite reliever.  They got Frieri for Roach and Amarista. 

If you are gonna move one of these guys right now, it needs to help us right now.  Howie seems the least likely to go at this point.  At the ASB, it could be a much different story. 

I'd move yarborough or green now for the right reliever and then Howie at the break if we are out of it at the ASB or in the offseason regardless.  Get a nice AAA near ready guy similar to Skaggs if you can.  I'm just not sure that's feasible.  I really don't think the Jays part with Stroman for Howie btw. 

There is no way in hell you trade Howie Kendrick for a reliever. I'm pretty sure Dipoto would agree. I think. Or hope.

Howie is an above average starting 2B signed for cheap. You don't trade guys like that for a reliever.

Yeah the idea of trading Howie for a short term reliever makes me cringe. 

You trade Howie with the intent to build up the system a bit. The Jays are loaded with some lower level arms, even after their trade with the Mets last year. It's worth looking into. 

Ohhh this would be awesome. Stroman would be the guy to get obviously, though I wonder if they could even do it? He's the Jays top prospect. They are loaded with young arms though

hell, try to get 2 of them! Stroman and Tirado/DeJong/Labourt/Norris for Kendrick and some mid level spect or something

They almost assuredly would not trade Stroman.

Aaron Sanchez, maybe. But not Stroman.

I don't think the Angels are willing to trade Howie, anyway. They are trying to make the postseason. Every win counts in what is expected to be a really tight division. Who would replace Howie? Green? Green can't play defense and there are legit questions about his bat, too. And while I like Lindsey's potential, that's still a lot to expect from a rookie. I mean, Howie is a good player.

I think the only way Howie gets traded this season is if the Angels are out of the race. Or during the offseason.

Like I already said, I would trade Howie for that lock down young reliever. If I could get another Joe Smith type I would pull the trigger. I do it because the difference between Jepsen and This Joe Smith Type Reliever is much greater than the difference between Howie and Green. Plus you save $ 8 million.