• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick or Grant Green to Toronto Blue Jays?

Chuck

Howie, much like his double play partner Aybar, has one of the lowest baseball IQ's of any player I've seen.  8 years in the league now and he has zero pitch recognition, no plan at the plate, and a penchant for making mistakes in critical situations.  He's a guy that the more you watch him play, the more you realize how little he helps the team.  All this coming from a guy who considered Howie his favorite player a few years ago.  I once was blind, but now I see . . .

Like I already said, I would trade Howie for that lock down young reliever. If I could get another Joe Smith type I would pull the trigger. I do it because the difference between Jepsen and This Joe Smith Type Reliever is much greater than the difference between Howie and Green. Plus you save $ 8 million.

I still believe Howie has more value than obtaining one high-end projected reliever. How much more than that is certainly up for debate but Howie still has 1 1/2 years of team control left at a reasonable price. He's suffered from a very low BABIP (.293 in 2014 vs. career .339) so far in this very young season and is projected by both ZIPS and Steamer to finish out the year around 2.5 WAR.

That would still net a top flight prospect or a high-end prospect reliever plus something else if we were to consider moving Kendrick. I agree with you Stradling that we need to get some better quality, young bullpen arms in our system. I think Dipoto has been trying to bridge the gap between now and when some of our farm system arms appear. Unfortunately we need it now, not later.