• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout not getting the green light?

There is no substantive information that verifies Trout has a red light. Scioscia has said he has the green light. Trout has never said anything to thebcontrary. No one in the Angels organization has said to the contrary. The only one who say he has a stop signs are fans speculating why he hasnt.

One of the fastest guys in the league and he hasn't attempted to steal a base, when he had chances. He should easily steal over 50 bases a year, but it looks like Scioscia will not give him the opportunities. Let the man loose.

There is no substantive information that verifies Trout has a red light. Scioscia has said he has the green light. Trout has never said anything to thebcontrary. No one in the Angels organization has said to the contrary. The only one who say he has a stop signs are fans speculating why he hasnt.

The substantive info is he doesn't even have a freaking attempt so far this year after saying all off-season that he wanted to steal more.  But thanks Bill Nye.  

Trout had an OPS of .988 which was third highest in MLB last year.

At that rate, nobody can replace his production.  Why be greedy and expect him to steal bases all the time?  The wear and tear diving into 2B is going to hurt him in other ways.  I just don't see a good tradeoff there with Pujols in questionable health and Hamilton out for two months. 

The substantive info is he doesn't even have a freaking attempt so far this year after saying all off-season that he wanted to steal more.  But thanks Bill Nye.  

Even though they're not officially scored as attempts, he has had several good jumps that were spoiled by Pujols fouling away garbage pitches. 

Edited by ScottLux

The dude is the fastest player in the AL and the best at getting on base. He also steals at a very high %. 

So one has to really question why he hasn't been running more.

I'll just blame scioscia cause I like to blame him for everything.

Edited by Poozy

Trout has only 5 singles and 3 walks, and I'm sure some of those a steal wasn't possible because there was a guy on 2b or else the game situation dictated he stay put.

Also, 4 of those 8 times reaching first was against a LHP which makes it harder to steal.

I'm sure there were a couple other FC's that got him on base, but you get the point.

Trout has only 5 singles and 3 walks, and I'm sure some of those a steal wasn't possible because there was a guy on 2b or else the game situation dictated he stay put.

Also, 4 of those 8 times reaching first was against a LHP which makes it harder to steal.

I'm sure there were a couple other FC's that got him on base, but you get the point.

but this dates back to last year

Blaming Pujols for Trout not stealing is none-sense. Not once did any player on the Cards say Pujols prevented them from stealing bases, nor was it ever inferred. Trout already explained why he didn't steal last year, but people like to believe their own theories.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/lyle-spencer-mike-trout-focused-on-leading-angels-to-postseason?ymd=20140321&content_id=69812022&vkey=news_mlb

Trout: "Last year, when I hit third, I didn't steal that many bags. Pitchers did a good job of slide-stepping, holding me on. I'm looking forward to stealing more bags this year."

Sosh: "And yes, I want him to run. He has the green light. He had it last year, but because of circumstances, there weren't as many situations for him to go."

Blaming Pujols for Trout not stealing is none-sense. Not once did any player on the Cards say Pujols prevented them from stealing bases, nor was it ever inferred. Trout already explained why he didn't steal last year, but people like to believe their own theories.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/lyle-spencer-mike-trout-focused-on-leading-angels-to-postseason?ymd=20140321&content_id=69812022&vkey=news_mlb

Trout: "Last year, when I hit third, I didn't steal that many bags. Pitchers did a good job of slide-stepping, holding me on. I'm looking forward to stealing more bags this year."

Sosh: "And yes, I want him to run. He has the green light. He had it last year, but because of circumstances, there weren't as many situations for him to go."

Well that's good to know. 

Probably can end the thread after that post. Thanks for sharing that mancini.

Nice work detective. That is not substantiation. That is speculation. Pull out a dictionary so you can learn the difference.

quote name="Quinlanforthewin" post="306225" timestamp="1397186486"]

The substantive info is he doesn't even have a freaking attempt so far this year after saying all off-season that he wanted to steal more. But thanks Bill Nye.