• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 NFL Draft

nando714

Not so sure about this. Dude came out and virtually everybody had him as a mid round pick. By the time the draft rolls around and he barely gets drafted. It's hard for me to give the NFL the benefit of the doubt on this.  

lots of players stock rises/falls throughout the draft process, Once we got to the draft, his stock was mostly 6th-7th rd draft pick

He's extremely limited in what he can do. Situational pass rusher who doesn't have good athleticism. It's a tough package to sell to teams.

Yeah, I like Bill Polians assessment of him, he's essentially a tweener at the NFL level. I thought he may go undrafted, but get picked up in UDFA. I watched him a lot at Mizzou and he has a motor. Polian has him as a one dimensional pass rusher too, but I think he can do more.

On a side note, lol@espn for having a reporter posted up at a gay bar in West Hollywood to cover the draft. I really wish sports media would stop eith the tmz shit.

Eh, if he plays OLB the offense knows he is rushing the passer.  3-4 OLB has to be able to drop back into coverage on a TE or RB.  That is the problem with him.  He is a small 4-3 DE with great instincts and speed but at the NFL level those guys get gobbled up by the increase in size/speed of OLs.

He's a situational rusher, that's for sure. They will have to find the right schemes for him and he definitely won't be an every down player. He's going to a pretty good situation in St Louis. I think they run a 4-3 but Greg Williams is their DC now and he's well known for his blitzing and switching between 4-3 and 3-4 set ups. I think Sam will get an opportunity in some of the 3-4 schemes.

Cowboys got a few UDFA that I think have some great upside.  Then there is L'Damian Washington who they also picked up.  Has a story behind him and would love to see this kid succeed in the NFL.  He's very raw and probably needs a good 2-3 years of development,  but he's playing for something and it's hard to not root for these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j85Bg4Ecoo

Edited by Chimi

Not so sure about this. Dude came out and virtually everybody had him as a mid round pick. By the time the draft rolls around and he barely gets drafted. It's hard for me to give the NFL the benefit of the doubt on this.

yup looks like they did everything they could to not draft him, then goodell realized what a PR nightmare it would be if he got passed up. I wouldn't be surprised if st Louis was "compelled" to draft him.

dude has talent. He was the SEC defensive player of the year. You trying to tell me this dude is a UDFA?

On a side note, lol@espn for having a reporter posted up at a gay bar in West Hollywood to cover the draft. I really wish sports media would stop eith the tmz shit.

catering to the female demographic. I'm sure some dudes like it as well. I'm not one of them.

tmz already has a sports division. Ya, its as stupid as it sounds

yup looks like they did everything they could to not draft him, then goodell realized what a PR nightmare it would be if he got passed up. I wouldn't be surprised if st Louis was "compelled" to draft him.

dude has talent. He was the SEC defensive player of the year. You trying to tell me this dude is a UDFA?

Tim Tebow says, "Sup?"