• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mel Kiper is such a twat. Dude goes out of his way to argue with everyone.

well that picture should keep people from thinking he's a big, giant dbag.

Always fun to look back at these old draft threads. Man was I wrong. He turned into such a D-bag. Couldn't wait to get rid of him. 

I think Houston should take Clowney if they don't trade down because despite the question marks surrounding him none of the QB's coming out are worth the top pick even with the rookie salary cap.  I think some of the teams with early picks who have tried out incoming QB's might be better off grabbing one later.  Not saying none of the QB's being talked about are going to be successful just that it's a position that always gets over valued in the draft and there's no consensus top QB.

With the moves they made in FA Denver will be able to go BA as early as rd 1 if they'd like but I could see them taking an OL or LB there.

I don't know where Jacksonville will go at #3. I was hoping for Clowney, but I see him going either #1 or #2. Hope that they don't make a desperation pick at #3 (Bridgewater/Manziel). They re-signed Chad Henne, but the comments from the coaching staff make it obvious that they plan on him instructing whatever rookie QB they bring in without putting him under the pressure of having to start right away.

• 2 weeks later...

So much for Justin Gilbert at #13, as he's fallen into the low 20s draft area. 

Looks like MSU's CB Dennard is now the one at #13 for the Rams.

What is up though with Greg Robinson possibly not being at the first day of the draft, despite being the probable #2 overall pick by the Rams? 

Every other top 5 pick is going to be there.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It was moved because Easter came late this year and the Radio City Music Hall had an Easter show scheduled.  It would have only given them a few days to get the draft all set up so they decided just to do it in May.  I think they like this change though and it's going to be permanent going forward.

I think the draft was moved so that the world is talking about the NFL for 52 weeks.  Two to three additional weeks to pimp the draft, then right into OTA's, signing leftover FA's, camps opening, etc.  The other aspect of the draft is how they ridiculously milk the first round on Thursday.  Then only 2 more rounds on Friday.  They just absolutely drag it out.

It's too much.  Should've left it as it was, although I am happy that it is finally here. 

Edited by HaloMichaelBolton

I think the draft was moved so that the world is talking about the NFL for 52 weeks. Two to three additional weeks to pimp the draft, then right into OTA's, signing leftover FA's, camps opening, etc. The other aspect of the draft is how they ridiculously milk the first round on Thursday. Then only 2 more rounds on Friday. They just absolutely drag it out.

It's too much. Should've left it as it was, although I am happy that it is finally here.

This is correct. The NFL is trying to monopolize sports talk once every month, especially It's ambitious and Mark Cuba thinks it will kill the league, but who knows.

The Cowboys sit in a weird spot in the draft.  We have pick #16 but there are only a few people who I'd take there and chances are, they'd be gone by then.  I would love to get Donald.  I liked him as a DT even before the combine and all the hype.  I thought back then the Cowboys would be sitting perfect at 16 to get him since he was under the radar but he made a name for himself and now there are a lot of teams ahead of the Cowboys who would like him.  Anthony Barr is another choice for the Cowboys and I don't buy into the all the bust talk people are saying about him.  Cowboys run a 4-3 defense so he can focus more on pass rushing and less on dropping back into coverage like he would have to do in a 3-4.  Cowboys had virtually no pass rush last year and we desperately need upgrades at both DE and DT.

Only other player I'd take is Clinton-Dix.  We haven't had a good safety since the days of Roy Williams.

If those three guys are gone, I'd trade back in the first round and get someone like Jernigen or Ealy and pick up some picks in the later rounds.

Chargers are in a good spot to trade back as well.  If they stay put, they'll likely take BPA either at corner (Verrett, Fuller, Dennard), OLB (Barr, Ealy) or DL (Nix, Jernigan).  Possibly an O-lineman (Lewan, XSF).  This draft is extremely deep.  If a QB or two are still there at #25, I could see the Chargers getting offers for teams to jump in front of Cleveland at #26.  Might only cause a drop of 7-10 picks and add another early round pick.  The fun thing about the draft is seeing what players slide for whatever reason and fall into someone lap that didn't expect it, or the potential trade ups or downs.