• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Overrated Former Angels

Taylor

Rodney was a great choice splint

....... Well thank you stranger that a barely know from AW. His lack of effort and finger pointing struck a nerve with me. He would how that 101 down the middle twice in a row for two strikes. Then wave off his catcher so he could throw a 98 in the exact same spot. Then couldn't figure out how they were hitting him so hard. And that crooked hat. Complete disregard for the sanctity of the uniform. His logic for wearing it like that????? He says he wants the runner on base to think he is looking at him to hold him close. Can't make this stuff up.

Quinlan was overrated by a very small number of people.  Scioscia was the ring leader of that group.  He was a terrible player, yet he spent 8 years with the Angels (his entire major league career) and amassed 1,196 plate appearances.  He was versatile on defense in the sense that he could put on a glove and take those positions when asked.  He wasn't even a decent fielder anywhere on the field, though. 

Career WAR:  1.3

Quinlan was overrated by a very small number of people.  Scioscia was the ring leader of that group.  He was a terrible player, yet he spent 8 years with the Angels (his entire major league career) and amassed 1,196 plate appearances.  He was versatile on defense in the sense that he could put on a glove and take those positions when asked.  He wasn't even a decent fielder anywhere on the field, though. 

Career WAR:  1.3

Well in all fairness, he did have a couple useful enough seasons off the bench.

But yeah, unfortunately he spent another 4 years in an Angels uniform after that stopped being the case.

Well in all fairness, he did have a couple useful enough seasons off the bench.

But yeah, unfortunately he spent another 4 years in an Angels uniform after that stopped being the case.

Didn't he have a 20-game hitting streak once?

Would it be blasphemous to put down nearly every player on the 2002 team?

I use to believe they were all about hard work, grit, and determination.  But in light of the juicing allegations that came years later, and how many of their careers nosedived by age 33-35, it's hard to look at them the same way anymore.  I guess we'll never know if the performance we watched in 2002 was legit. 

Mp170, I'll say this again because I think it's important. In the days before steroids players careers really would decline starting around the age 32-33. So if they "nose dived" around 33-35 then that would be normal. Of course we had some PED users, every team did. I'm guessing Glaus, Fulmer and Donnely would be the guilty parties. Don't let that affect the way you see that team.

Mp170, I'll say this again because I think it's important. In the days before steroids players careers really would decline starting around the age 32-33. So if they "nose dived" around 33-35 then that would be normal. Of course we had some PED users, every team did. I'm guessing Glaus, Fulmer and Donnely would be the guilty parties. Don't let that affect the way you see that team.

The 2002 postseason was still awesome in every way, so those are great memories. 

I think a lot more guys than the names you mentioned were juicing though.  Too many guys had career years in 2002, never to be repeated or come even remotely close. 

Funny....i wonder what the percentage of all ball players have their career tumble and dive by age 33-35? I willing to bet age had a lot more to.do with it than steroids.

quote name="mp170.6" post="302293" timestamp="1396866533"]

Would it be blasphemous to put down nearly every player on the 2002 team?

I use to believe they were all about hard work, grit, and determination. But in light of the juicing allegations that came years later, and how many of their careers nosedived by age 33-35, it's hard to look at them the same way anymore. I guess we'll never know if the performance we watched in 2002 was legit.