• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Angels are rolling, but can they carry it over?

From the article

"All I know is right now we're pitching much better than we did at any time last spring. And that gives us, hopefully, some confidence as we turn the page on spring training into the regular season," Scioscia said.

All I can say is LOL....

Let's hope this is the last page they have to turn for awhile.

I find it comical, not that he says the stuff over and over, but because people get so bent when he does. It's his schtick, I genuinely LOL every time I see one of his tried and true one liners.

Yea, people here take his speech patterns and his art of repeating himself and really saying nothing at all, and they use that as fire to fuel their anger towards him. They act like because he says that to the media, that he uses that same approach with the club. Who gives a **** if we turn the page 67 times this year, as long as we win 95 games.

I find it comical, not that he says the stuff over and over, but because people get so bent when he does.   It's his schtick, I genuinely LOL every time I see one of his tried and true one liners.

Most of these "pat" sayings have been formed over the past few dismal seasons, to deflect questions about why things are going so badly. Hopefully the team starts winning, and he has to develop some new, more positive, schtick.

I believe we're in the top 5 this Spring in both hitting and pitching.

Good signs all around. Now let's hit the ground running on Monday. The first 12 games are against Seattle, Houston, and the Mets. I expect nothing less than a 7-5 record.

The Angels are ranked 3rd in batting average, 4th in OBP and 2nd in SLG% which gives them and overall 3rd for OPS.

Pitching the Angels are 4th in team ERA, 5th in Strikeouts and 7th in WHIP.

Fielding is improved, they are 20th in errors this Spring (higher number is good), 10th in Fielding % and 6th in Defensive Efficiency

This is an article by a LA Times writer questioning if the Angels can perform like they have in Spring Training while the Dodgers better hope they don't.

The Dodgers are almost last in offensive categories hitting as a team .237/.323/.366/.689

Their pitching is not helping much being middle of the pack 16th in ERA and 17th in WHIP. It wouldn't be fair to list stikeouts because they have played fewer Spring training games.

They are ranked 26th in Fielding %.

Whatever. Using the same phrase over and over is like, you know, lazy.

At the end of the day, it's, like, annoying. You know what I'm saying?

C'mon..  Havent you ever heard him say the same thing and thought "this @#$%ing guy" and just sort of laughed.

It's funny in part because it can be so frustrating.

"We want to finish spring strong," outfielder Josh Hamilton said. "It's important to start hot in April. Start off fast and put pressure on other teams.

We haven't done it in two or three years here. So it's time."

Horrid journalism... Can not believe the writer would just write the above and ignore the facts.

The FACTS are that the Angels, in Scioscia's tenure, are a combined 171-180 to start seasons (March + April).

The LAST time they were over .500 was in '11 and they were a whopping +3 - Hardly a "hot start" or a "fast start putting pressure on other teams."

The BEST any Scioscia led team has done to start a season is +8 games in '08.  The next best was +4 in '07.  So the argument can be made that they have started "WELL" for ONE YEAR since Scioscia took the helm.

Believe me, I want them to get off to a fast start.  I want them to put pressure on the other teams in the division.  But history doesn't lie... and it is going to take something HISTORICAL for them to do just that.