• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FORBES - Shades Of "The Natural": Mike Trout

Chuck

Yes Mike is one of the better naturally gifted baseball players to come along in a very long time. Bonds was talented before Steriods, but I don't think he was Mike Trout good before steriods. Everything he did after doesn't really count. Well it counts, but it should be scrutinized and not compared to players that haven't taken them. Now if a day comes when Trout has been found to use them, then we could have this discussion again. Until then Bonds just happens to be the best player that steriods built.

Yes Mike is one of the better naturally gifted baseball players to come along in a very long time. Bonds was talented before Steriods, but I don't think he was Mike Trout good before steriods. Everything he did after doesn't really count. Well it counts, but it should be scrutinized and not compared to players that haven't taken them. Now if a day comes when Trout has been found to use them, then we could have this discussion again. Until then Bonds just happens to be the best player that steriods built.

have you seen bonds' numbers even before the giants?

he had a year with 104 runs, 93 walks, 33 jacks, 114 rbis, 52 bags, and .301 / .406 / .565 / .970 slash line.

he was HOF even before the juice showed up.

trout is the man but let's give him a few more years until you anoint him better than the best offensive player of all time.

Edited by mrwicked

have you seen bonds' numbers even before the giants?

he had a year with 104 runs, 93 walks, 33 jacks, 114 rbis, 52 bags, and .301 / .406 / .565 / .970 slash line.

he was HOF even before the juice showed up.

trout is the man but let's give him a few more years until you anoint him better than the best offensive player of all time.

how do u know he wasn't juicing at that time as well?

how do u know he wasn't juicing at that time as well?

His physique with the Pirates didn't exactly scream steroids.  While some take steroids more to aid in rapid recovery rather than significant muscle gain (main advantage in pitchers juicing), and he could have been on such a regimen with the Pirates, I think the rapid transformation after going to the Giants is pretty strong evidence he starting using around that time.  

there is no comparison between Barry on the bucs vs. the one on the giants.  Even his first 8 years with the giants were reasonable for a HOF player.  Then in 2001 he was a different guy who was a 10-12 WAR guy for his age 36-39yo seasons.  It's insulting to even defend that part of his career. 

Seeing pics of him from 1999 vs. 2003 is funny.  It's like two different people.  It's so hard to judge as he put up 40+ war in those obvious roid years.  But he had over 100 WAR to that point in his career.  I can stomach considering him as one of the top 25 players of all time. 

Trout has had the best two seasons to begin a career of anyone in the history of the game, and those came at age 20 and 21.  Truly unprecedented. That said, He's 10 years of similar production from being in the top 25 players in history. 

It's impressive that a player for the Angels can be looked upon as potentially one of the greatest in history, and I am going to be watching all the way, but there is a long way to go.  I just feel fortunate that the current best player in the game plays for my team. 

there is no comparison between Barry on the bucs vs. the one on the giants.  Even his first 8 years with the giants were reasonable for a HOF player.  Then in 2001 he was a different guy who was a 10-12 WAR guy for his age 36-39yo seasons.  It's insulting to even defend that part of his career. 

Seeing pics of him from 1999 vs. 2003 is funny.  It's like two different people.  It's so hard to judge as he put up 40+ war in those obvious roid years.  But he had over 100 WAR to that point in his career.  I can stomach considering him as one of the top 25 players of all time. 

Trout has had the best two seasons to begin a career of anyone in the history of the game, and those came at age 20 and 21.  Truly unprecedented. That said, He's 10 years of similar production from being in the top 25 players in history. 

It's impressive that a player for the Angels can be looked upon as potentially one of the greatest in history, and I am going to be watching all the way, but there is a long way to go.  I just feel fortunate that the current best player in the game plays for my team. 

I'm not sure why Bonds is singled out so much. Everyone was on steroids, no one was even close to Bonds during those years. If you go back to Bonds "pre-roid days" the only guys who were arguably in his class were steroid guys. He is easily the best player of that entire 20+ year period, and he might have still been the best over that period even if he never touched the stuff. 

I'll be honest with you guys .... this Trout worship is annoying and very distracting to me. We know Pujols feels that way and probably many other players.

It's a 25 player team sport and it's takes all of them to win.

Haha, whatever TD. I am sure that he is one of your favorite players that plays on one of your top 20 favorite teams.