• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FORBES - Shades Of "The Natural": Mike Trout

Chuck

I'll be honest with you guys .... this Trout worship is annoying and very distracting to me. We know Pujols feels that way and probably many other players.

It's a 25 player team sport and it's takes all of them to win.

LOL. I know it's your goal to troll everyone but this is just too much. 

Yeah shame on us for enjoying the best player of our generation! 

I'll be honest with you guys .... this Trout worship is annoying and very distracting to me. We know Pujols feels that way and probably many other players.

It's a 25 player team sport and it's takes all of them to win.

LOL.

Staying true to your name.

Lol

Trout is a phenom but with only two years under his belt ... he has got a long way to go before you can call him the best player in history.

funny stuff

If you had a choice of ten years watching Trout playing for the Angels vs one WS Title without Trout in the next ten years which would you pick?

"Mike Trout is the closest thing to “The Natural” that I have ever seen. It was a privilege and thrill to see him play. Hats off to the emerging king of baseball."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2014/03/14/shades-of-the-natural-mike-trout/

670px-mike_trout_on_july_22_2011.jpg

Good article, but I would change one thing. This kid has already emerged, there is no 'emerging' involved. He emerged two seasons ago. He was a natural from the word 'go'.

If you had a choice of ten years watching Trout playing for the Angels vs one WS Title without Trout in the next ten years which would you pick?

Why does it have to be one or the other? There's a very likely chance that Trout helps them win a WS, not the other way around.

I know you like to stir things up but this is even excessive for you.

I'm not sure why Bonds is singled out so much. Everyone was on steroids, no one was even close to Bonds during those years. If you go back to Bonds "pre-roid days" the only guys who were arguably in his class were steroid guys. He is easily the best player of that entire 20+ year period, and he might have still been the best over that period even if he never touched the stuff. 

he get's singled out because those four years that were obviously steroid induced put him in the discussion of best player ever.  Yes, he was better than anyone from that era, but the steroids moved him from HOFer to otherworldly.  He is also the poster child for the deceit of that time and his arrogance and indignation about it made him extremely unlikeable. 

There is a big difference between a guy being the best player for a 15-20 year period and being a HOFer vs. being the best player ever.