• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ATT Uverse

I have dish and they are low enough.  Although I'm not sure if they resolved the whole Angels extra charge that Fox tried to pull.  

Bright side is, they haven't caved into Time Warner, so no Laker or Dog surcharges.  

And if you go to Dish, let me know so I can refer you.  haha.

My year-long promotion ended a couple of months ago and they restored it.

However, I was assessed two 60-dollar fees for having my service temporarily disabled. Nowhere on the contract or bill does it say anything about a restoral fee and these assholes act like there's so much red tape involved in reversing those fees. 

Still no cable or satellite for me. Everything is streaming or OTA. I eagerly await the arrival of Google Fiber in the San Antonio and Austin markets.

So now they can monitor 100% of your television/internet life to sell your data to marketers?

Yay!

But yeah, fast interwebs.

Just threaten to cancel and they will restore your bill. It works with every carrier. They don't want to lose your overall bill for a couple bucks.

Uverse was one of the only carriers I liked and had no problems with getting them to alter pricing on tv and internet.

Do you guys have good experiences with Uverse? 

My aunt tried it with disastrous results.  She went days without a phone at one point, and the internet would come and go inexplicably probably due to the powerline networking that used the house electrical wiring for data.  AT&T couldn't fix the problems so they ripped it out and put her back on DSL. 

Previous Cox cable customer for TV and phone (landline). They did not scramble the channels and force you to get a box for every TV like Uverse does. I got the basic and advanced from the coaxial cable for the bedroom TV. Uverse charges extra for MLB Network and I believe that was part of the advanced package for Cox.

I hate TWC and I hated Uverse.  I thought Uverse had better customer service but I would lose cable and internet randomly all the time.  TWC I have found to be way more reliable and if you contact their Executive care team at TWC.COTP@twcable.com you get much better responses to your problem.  If it wasnt for sports I would get rid of cable completely

I have Time Warner now and hate it because of the customer service, which was ranked last with Comcast and why they teamed up.

This happened the other night and is indicative of my normal experiences, long story short is HBO Go was only working on the ipad and laptop, but not Roku and PS3. I call in because we waited a week since some rep said they were working on it. Some dickhead that I talk to tries to convince me that it's the apps fault and then says they don't do HBO Go for those two systems....except their website says they do and on the HBO Go set up site TWC is listed. I realize this guy is a moron and ask to speak to someone else or a manager and the asshole sends me to some ringing loop that nobody picks up.

I call back and get a different office and rep and the problem gets worked out within 5-10 minutes. Just a waste of time to have to talk to numbnutz.

So now they can monitor 100% of your television/internet life to sell your data to marketers?

Yay!

But yeah, fast interwebs.

Is it really all that fundamentally different in that respect than using a Comcast box, having Comcast internet and using Google services like Google Now while on the internet provided by Comcast?

All of my behavior is being tracked assuming that I am taking no actions to protect myself and my information, right?

I hoping Directv doesn't pick up the Dodgers Channel so I can call them up to threaten cancellation and get more bill credits and free premiums.

I was pissed at them a few months ago and I remember reading here how people get all the free stuff so I tried it. I truly had no intent of switching, I've been with them forever and I am actually very satisfied. I got $30 off for 6-months and 4 months of free premiums. So I am anxious to try it again.

Does anybody do that regularly? I figure they would get wise eventually if I keep doing it again and again.

As long as you are not under contract with direct tv for your hardware you can get discounts. I just upgraded to the genie last November. I worked it down to costing nothing and a got a gift card back, and locked into discounts for a year........but I had to lock into another two year contract. I didn't want to but that was the only way I could get all my hardware for free.

Is it really all that fundamentally different in that respect than using a Comcast box, having Comcast internet and using Google services like Google Now while on the internet provided by Comcast?

All of my behavior is being tracked assuming that I am taking no actions to protect myself and my information, right?

google is basically a marketing company - selling info about you to advertisers.

currently you are being tracked for all google services: gmail, gchat, docs, voice, etc.

with google fiber you are being tracked with everything you use: all web, all tv.

big difference. 

is the tracking different than any other ISP? not really. 

but ISPs make money on your subscription costs, google makes money on info about you.

Edited by mrwicked

The one thing I don't like about Uverse is that I don't have MLB network unless I want to pony up about $90, which I'm not willing to do.

This time of year MLB Network is pretty much a waste. They carry spring training games, and nine times out of ten the game involves one of the six teams I am in a blackout area for, and the game isn't carried elsewhere. They even black out replays of spring games.

This time of year MLB Network is pretty much a waste. They carry spring training games, and nine times out of ten the game involves one of the six teams I am in a blackout area for, and the game isn't carried elsewhere. They even black out replays of spring games.

that's fine with me. lots of preseason info that can be interesting. i just wish i didn't have to pay for it, which i'm not going to do.