• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This should do it

nate

That is fine, he wasn't really a key part of anything. They knew going in he may be done but the hysterics you guys go through is pretty sad.

somtimes I can't tell if you are trolling or being adversarial for it's own sake 

you know well enough that outside of our top 5 we have nothing.  Most teams need to be about 7 deep so they were very much relying on him as capable depth.  Or they were relying on Shoemaker and Leblanc.  Either way, it's a major flaw/weakness of this team that could have been addressed.  No one is hysterical.  Just appropriately critical. 

I hate to be "hysterical" but I have a hard time seeing this team make the playoff with this starting pitching. If they somehow do I can only imagine the quality of the starts we would be getting there, considering that two of our starters would be throwing innings well beyond what they ever have before. I can't imagine this team with a very solid September record right now.

If Santiago and Skaggs step it up and perform at a high level they should be OK.

Except it is pretty much impossible for a starting 5 to stay healthy and effective for an entire season.  Especially one with three younger pitchers who have never come close to those kind of innings before and Weaver who usually misses at least 5 starts a season.

then why are they giving him an opportunity to make the club at the 5th or 6th starter. His spring appearances corroborate that.

They are paying him whether he suits up or sits home. If he proves he can pitch he sits in the bullpen, they have zero confidence in him starting. If he does this shit it is walking papers. The only ones counting on him to be on the starting roster is you guys.

You guys can scream depth all day but Blanton was not being counted on as that. He shit the bed so bad last season it looked like Bandini mountain. The Angels can drag any one of a dozen arms out if retirement to give the same "depth". A guy they won't let touch the mound unless it is a blowout.

They are paying him whether he suits up or sits home. If he proves he can pitch he sits in the bullpen, they have zero confidence in him starting. If he does this shit it is walking papers. The only ones counting on him to be on the starting roster is you guys.

You guys can scream depth all day but Blanton was not being counted on as that. He shit the bed so bad last season it looked like Bandini mountain. The Angels can drag any one of a dozen arms out if retirement to give the same "depth". A guy they won't let touch the mound unless it is a blowout.

Then there is no reason to play him then.

I hate to be "hysterical" but I have a hard time seeing this team make the playoff with this starting pitching. If they somehow do I can only imagine the quality of the starts we would be getting there, considering that two of our starters would be throwing innings well beyond what they ever have before. I can't imagine this team with a very solid September record right now.

Yep. I think this team will come out of the gates hot(for once) but fade near the end of the year as their young arms tire and fade down the stretch. Pitching will burn them in the end....again

Then there is no reason to play him then.

silly response, ALF. You have to see if there is anything salvageable. It is to the Angels gain if he turns the corner and his per diem isn't breaking the bank. So he pitches meaningless split squad games and they evaluate. At this point he should be considered a non roster invitee.

Your argument would make more sense if these retired pitchers you are referring to were actually on the 40 man roster and were getting starts in ST.  All we have to go by is who is getting the starts so far.  That is Weaver, Wilson, Skaggs, Santiago, Richards and Blanton.  Who are these other guys that will be our depth getting starts Eric?