• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Even Massachusetts has crazy right-wingers

A homosexual doesn't cause society problems, an inflated importance on his or her deviant lifestyle does. This is why I like Russia's anti-homosexual propaganda law. Homosexuality ideologically can crumble nations (Greece, Rome) and through the venerating and celebration of non-normal lifestyles, we tear ourselves down. It should just be as so, marrying and having children are the ideal life for all human beings. Procreation and marriage are sacred and beyond those two things, nothing is more valuable.

Don't ask, don't tell was the perfect law, signed by a liberal! Thus ensuring safety for homosexuals to continue their disgusting acts and safety for the majority who are not homosexuals.

Speaking of inflated senses of self importance...

Hi bakunin!

just as it condemns murder and theft, which builds an argument that it's a choice just like murdering and theft are choices. to me, that makes it at least possible that it's different from being left-handed.

In almost everything we do as humans there are those that believe it is intrinsic. People don't like the responsibility that comes with choice and free will.

I'm in the same boat as Tank here. I believe that homosexuality is a sin but in no way is it my place to make judgments on them. If I remember right, I think I may be a sinner too. With that said I have no problems socializing with my gay or lesbian friends or working with them. I just hate that I'm labeled phobic because my beliefs are different. I'm phobic of flying so I try and avoid it as best I can. I don't have that issue with homosexuals. It's hard to stand for your beliefs and have those that disagree with you accept that.

i don't know enough about sexuality to say with complete definity that orientation is or is not intrinsic or a choice. i know that the bible condemns homosexuality, just as it condemns murder and theft, which builds an argument that it's a choice just like murdering and theft are choices. to me, that makes it at least possible that it's different from being left-handed.

as a christian, there is difficulty in seeing a person doing something the bible specifically condemns but yet looking the other way or fighting for their social rights. i struggle with how to handle that, trying my best to avoid being judgmental (and not always succeeding). i have two very close gay friends. i love them dearly and worship with them every week at church as well as in my men's chorus. but i don't condone what they do sexually, and i won't fight for their rights socially because they do something the bible condemns. i also won't fight for the social rights of murderers, thieves, or child molesters, either. 

This is precisely why people think religion strips people of critical thinking and self-awareness. 

In all your years on Earth, have you ever examined your own sexuality? For the life of me, I cannot understand why adults struggle with the notion that sexual orientation isn't a choice.   

i've been interested in females for as far back as i can remember, so no, it was never that kind of decision for me. and yes, i see your point on this for those who are gay.

like i said, i don't know enough about human sexuality to say with any authority how it develops. some christians believe it exists because of the presence of sin in our world, and i think there's validity to that thought. 

i've heard others say that it's okay to be gay as long as you don't act sexually on the impulse. that's not what i believe, and i think it would be tremendously difficult not to act. the sex drive is so very powerful that it can very difficult to deny. 

Tank, my uncle was gay. He had to hide who he was for most of his life.  He served in the Army.  He once told me that he would have never chosen to be gay.  To hide, to pretend to be someone he wasn't, to be shunned.  

Thankfully, times have changed enough that when he died, he was able to be buried at Bakersfield National Cemetery.  

He was one of the finest men I ever knew and loved, and to think that people condemned him for being who he was makes me so angry.

In almost everything we do as humans there are those that believe it is intrinsic. People don't like the responsibility that comes with choice and free will.

If you wanted to could you just decide to be gay? Not commit an act of homosexuality but actually be gay. Be attracted to a member of the same gender as you. Are you able to just change your mind and do that?

I can't. I'm not gay. Maybe it's different for you.

If you wanted to could you just decide to be gay? Not commit an act of homosexuality but actually be gay. Be attracted to a member of the same gender as you. Are you able to just change your mind and do that?

I can't. I'm not gay. Maybe it's different for you.

Sure. I think people can accomplish most anything they set their minds too.

Sure. I think people can accomplish most anything they set their minds too.

Weird. I don't feel that way at all re: the possibility of becoming gay. Do you say this on the basis of anything but speculation or have you become excited at the thought of homosexual activity?

The Bible condemns sin in any form. Homosexuals are not inherently sinful. Don't engage in the sin that cry to heaven, it's that simple. Homosexual, in my view, are born to be homosexuals. It is a doing of nature, but their goals and ideas are radically different from normal people. They have biologically opted out of reproduction, marriage, etc. Be a queer all you want, but as soon as you start putting your filthy hands on children, that's where the line is drawn. 

Edited by bakunin

The Bible condemns sin in any form. Homosexuals are not inherently sinful. Don't engage in the sin that cry to heaven, it's that simple. Homosexual, in my view, are born to be homosexuals. It is a doing of nature, but their goals and ideas are radically different from normal people. They have biologically opted out of reproduction, marriage, etc. Be a queer all you want, but as soon as you start putting your filthy hands on children, that's where the line is drawn. 

This is why there are separate words for homosexual and pedophile. They don't mean the same thing. 

Be a queer all you want, but as soon as you start putting your filthy hands on children, that's where the line is drawn. 

That applies to EVERY PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET, numbnutz. Why lump it in here save for your "look at me and how outrageous my statements are" approach?

Edited by RallyMo

Weird. I don't feel that way at all re: the possibility of becoming gay. Do you say this on the basis of anything but speculation or have you become excited at the thought of homosexual activity?

The comment isn't specific to being gay. Everyone chooses how to live their lives. Look at bi-sexuals, they choose to be with both sexes. How do you determine which sex their DNA perfers?

The comment isn't specific to being gay. Everyone chooses how to live their lives. Look at bi-sexuals, they choose to be with both sexes. How do you determine which sex their DNA perfers?

Are you heterosexual?

If so, was there a point at which you looked at a member of the opposite sex and decided that you were going to be attracted/drawn to her/him and others of the same sex from that point on?

Furthermore, why do you think that DNA has to prefer one sex or the other exclusively?

Are you heterosexual?

If so, was there a point at which you looked at a member of the opposite sex and decided that you were going to be attracted/drawn to her/him and others of the same sex from that point on?

Furthermore, why do you think that DNA has to prefer one sex or the other exclusively?

Yes I am hetero and when I was young homosexuality was almsot non existant in schools so it wasn't put in front of young minds as an option. Also raised in a Christian home there were many things that you are taught as opposed to not being a Christian. If being homosexual is part of "who you are" then your DNA determines that, no?

How do you determine which reggae groups my DNA prefers?

LOL at bisexuals "choosing" to be with both sexes. They really choosing to not be alone and they are attracted to both sexes.

That was supposed to be sarcastic. I don't personally believe it's in our DNA.

Yes I am hetero and when I was young homosexuality was almsot non existant in schools so it wasn't put in front of young minds as an option. Also raised in a Christian home there were many things that you are taught as opposed to not being a Christian. If being homosexual is part of "who you are" then your DNA determines that, no?

So, assuming you are a man, you believe that you yourself could enjoy having sex with a man and be physically attracted to him in the same way you apparently currently do with a female if you wanted to?

Edited by RallyMo

So, assuming you are a man, you believe that you yourself could enjoy having sex with a man and be physically attracted to him in the same way you apparently currently do with a female if you wanted to?

Yep. He said that he learned things in a Christian home that instilled his current path of heterosexuality. So that must mean being straight is a learned trait. It's not something natural. That's what you're saying, right ANS?