• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Even Massachusetts has crazy right-wingers

Honestly I guess it depends on what your opinion of what tolerance is.  If you define it as a total acceptance of homosexuality then sure, California wins.  I will point out that it wasn't that long ago that California passed the anti gay wedding proposition.  I don't know what South Carolina has or hasn't passed.

As far as how blacks are seen.  While outward prejudice in the south is certainly more prevalent I'm not sure that true prejudice is any greater in one place or the other.  Though if it is it's much more culturally driven that religion driven.

Do you deny that a majority of the first abolitionists were Christians?

The majority of the country is Christian.

The biggest backers of Prop 8 were Catholics and religious groups.  Similar bills in the south go 70/30

The fact is all religion breeds intolerance.  The whole premise behind it is superiority.  The idea of "you are only good and are only saved if you follow my rules" breeds conflict and intolerance.

Hmm, who is intolerant?

tdawg, you've just been on a roll lately.

mtangelsfan, here's a question: how would you feel if a majority voted away the rights of Christian heterosexuals to marry? Isn't the point of the Constitution to protect and provide rights for ALL people?

By the way, I highly doubt that any, or at least 99.9%, of gay couples would want to be married by a priest who didn't want to marry them.

As for abortion, I myself have trouble with it, although don't feel it should be classified as "murder" - at least not in the first trimester and in certain circumstances (rape, incest, high risk for the mother, etc). I also find the act of protesting outside of clinics to be abominable - as if it isn't hard enough for a woman to go through with an abortion (for whatever her reasons are), and then to be faced with judgmental assholes right after. This is not to say that some, even many, women use abortion irresponsibly--as birth control--but the point is that all abortions shouldn't be lumped into one category. It is a very complex issue.

Except for me one is clear Biblically and one would be anathema Biblically.  The fact that a majority of the first abolitionists were Christians should tell you that.

Biblical law isn't even real. We lived as Europeans with guidance from God and His word, and through our organic societies policed by culture.

The biggest backers of Prop 8 were Catholics and religious groups.  Similar bills in the south go 70/30

The fact is all religion breeds intolerance.  The whole premise behind it is superiority.  The idea of "you are only good and are only saved if you follow my rules" breeds conflict and intolerance.

Your tolerance movements only exist through reformations. The rejection of Catholicism created liberalism. So, your very left was onky granted existence from your maker, the Universal Church. We wish for all men to be baptized in the Trinity. Life breeds conflict. Violence is the way of the world. After all, Christ "did not come to send peace, but the sword."

You're describing the extremists, Nate. Unfortunately, they're also the loudest voices.

Of all the people I worship with regularly, I can count on one hand those who are intolerant.

I can also tell you that while I disagree with homosexuality, it doesn't mean I hate or that I'm afraid of it. I just simply disagree with it on moral grounds. There are an awful lot of people who disagree that don't hate, but those who support or don't care about a gay lifestyle always want to portray opponents in the worst light possible.

It matters because these are the businesses that are able to be bullied out of existence. Businesses that sustain families. Sodomites are not clean, they are filthy vile creatures, if not truly sorry for their actions of serving their own disgusting desires. 

Biblical law isn't even real. We lived as Europeans with guidance from God and His word, and through our organic societies policed by culture.

Isn't the Bible the word of God, and therefore contains His laws? I'm confused by your answer,