• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Even Massachusetts has crazy right-wingers

The fact that this is how you speak about the Bible when talking to someone of faith makes it pretty clear you will never understand issues like this from their point of view. The way you view things just won't allow it.

Perhaps, although it could also be that I understand their view to some degree--that the Bible is revealed truth, spoken from the mouth of God him/her/itself--I just don't agree with it, or think its a very partial truth. I don't deny the possibility that divine forces, energies or beings not only exist but can communicate with and through human beings, but I also think that humans understand that communication in the framework of their time and culture. So not only do those people hear through their own cultural and personal perspectives, but it gets filtered through thousands of years.

The world of the Middle East 3,000 years ago--which is the source of the anti-gay views in the Bible--is very different from today. What was true for patriarchal Hebrew tribes isn't necessarily true for 21st century global citizens.

It's Biblical AJ.  You know this.  Why are you asking the same question over and over?

Sorry, but bullshit.  It is because it is the hot issue right now.

Women in the church, sex outside of marriage, masturbation, etc are all also wrong according to the bible but you aren't out there protesting that.

People are just uncomfortable with gays and they use the bible to  oppress them.

Sorry, but bullshit.  It is because it is the hot issue right now.

Women in the church, sex outside of marriage, masturbation, etc are all also wrong according to the bible but you aren't out there protesting that.

People are just uncomfortable with gays and they use the bible to  oppress them.

I'll give you a pass because you simply don't know my friends.  You don't know what we believe or what we are or aren't uncomfortable with.  You don't know our motivations and you clearly have zero understanding of our beliefs.  This whole thread you guys have been attacking my beliefs.  That's fine.  But you can do it alone now.  That last post lost a little respect from me nate.

What has happened in this thread is exactly why I usually treat threads like this like live hand grenades. Some people don't care one way or the other, others have very firm beliefs, and people at the opposite ends seem to dig in. I fall in the indifferent category but I understand that some people don't, for reasons of their own. I just leave it at that.

I just get tired of people using the bible as an excuse for this crap.  These same people are sports fans, they aren't out trying to outlaw sports on Sundays.  After all, those players are sinning by working on a Sunday.  There is nothing more arrogant than oppressing others because they don't share your same set of morals.

I just get tired of people using the bible as an excuse for this crap.  These same people are sports fans, they aren't out trying to outlaw sports on Sundays.  After all, those players are sinning by working on a Sunday.  There is nothing more arrogant than oppressing others because they don't share your same set of morals.

Just a point of clarification - I don't think too many denominations observe the Sabbath law. The ones which do typically observe Saturday, like the Jews. Adventists and some small seventh-day groups do. 

Just a point of clarification - I don't think too many denominations observe the Sabbath law. The ones which do typically observe Saturday, like the Jews. Adventists and some small seventh-day groups do. 

So why do they ignore that part of the bible but insist on enforcing the part that says being gay is a sin?  That is my point.

Edited by nate

There are denominational and theological disagreements on this, but primarily because Jesus said it was chill. He said the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. He healed a guy on the Sabbath. The Jews got pissed and he schooled them. 

Sin isn't some mortal violation of the law. OT law and sin often overlapped, but they are also exclusive. Biblical sin simply means missing the mark of falling short. An overly simplistic tehological explanation of the Bible is Old Testament = Law, with the purpose of proving to man that it cannot keep it. New Testament = Grace. Jesus fulfilled the law for everyone. 

Paul stated all things are lawful for him, but not all things are profitable 

This debate on fags is hilarious. Most contemporary Christian thought on fags is hilarious. If they're outward about their disgusting lifestyles, they deserve nothing short but a beating. I would argue also killing them is acceptable, as it's better to stamp out what will eventually cause the unraveling of society (what is happening now, and has happened throughout time to all empires) If they behave and shut their mouthes about their disgusting lifestyles, where is the harm?

Will you please go jump off a high building somewhere?