• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Even Massachusetts has crazy right-wingers

Isn't the Bible the word of God, and therefore contains His laws? I'm confused by your answer,

The Bible is indeed the word of God. It does contain His laws, but not all of our laws come from the Bible. Nor does the Bible seek to explain us laws intended for governance beyond the obvious. The Bible most importantly informs of us salvation, our history, and what is to come. Offering infinite amounts of wisdom along the way.

Ideally, which I think every Christian should be in support of, is a royal family and a King in submissiveness to the Lord Jesus Christ and His written word, who governs his people with this his greatest backing. 

Edited by bakunin

The Bible is indeed the word of God. It does contain His laws, but not all of our laws come from the Bible. Nor does the Bible seek to explain us laws intended for governance beyond the obvious. The Bible most importantly informs of us salvation, our history, and what is to come. Offering infinite amounts of wisdom along the way.

Ideally, which I think every Christian should be in support of, is a royal family and a King in submissiveness to the Lord Jesus Christ and His written word, who governs his people with this his greatest backing.

Your second paragraph can't happen until sin and satan have been permanently removed from the universe.

Thanks for your explanation in the first paragraph. We are in agreement.

Your second paragraph can't happen until sin and satan have been permanently removed from the universe.

Thanks for your explanation in the first paragraph. We are in agreement.

Indeed, but I cannot help but see republicanism and democracy as inherently satanic and anti-God. They, over time, have created the post-enlightenment society that sees the descendents and benefactors of Christian civilization spit upon everything our people and our God sacrificed. Monarchy is as good as it gets.

I can also tell you that while I disagree with homosexuality, it doesn't mean I hate or that I'm afraid of it. I just simply disagree with it on moral grounds. There are an awful lot of people who disagree that don't hate, but those who support or don't care about a gay lifestyle always want to portray opponents in the worst light possible.

See, here's the problem. You say you "disagree with homosexuality" like its a political stance or an opinion, which you emphasize with the word "lifestyle." What you seemingly fail to understand is that for gay people, it isn't a "lifestyle" but who they are - it is intrinsic to their being. To call it a lifestyle, or something that can be disagreed with, is to invalidate this, to make it a "choice" - like, say, one's religious orientation. Is your sexual orientation a choice? Can you decide who you are sexually attracted to? I can't.

So when I hear you say that you "disagree with homosexuality" it isn't that different than someone saying "I disagree with lefthandedness." Actually, there's some similarity - because there used to be attempts to train lefthandedness out of people and all it really ended up doing was mess them up.

Why not let people be who they are, especially when what they are doing isn't in itself (that is, outside of extremes - and there are extremes with everything) hurting anyone or inflicting upon your lifestyle? What's wrong with a little diversity at the table of life?

It matters because these are the businesses that are able to be bullied out of existence. Businesses that sustain families. Sodomites are not clean, they are filthy vile creatures, if not truly sorry for their actions of serving their own disgusting desires. 

Indeed, but I cannot help but see republicanism and democracy as inherently satanic and anti-God. They, over time, have created the post-enlightenment society that sees the descendents and benefactors of Christian civilization spit upon everything our people and our God sacrificed. Monarchy is as good as it gets.

This is either brilliant satire or terrifyingly insane.

A homosexual doesn't cause society problems, an inflated importance on his or her deviant lifestyle does. This is why I like Russia's anti-homosexual propaganda law. Homosexuality ideologically can crumble nations (Greece, Rome) and through the venerating and celebration of non-normal lifestyles, we tear ourselves down. It should just be as so, marrying and having children are the ideal life for all human beings. Procreation and marriage are sacred and beyond those two things, nothing is more valuable. 

Don't ask, don't tell was the perfect law, signed by a liberal! Thus ensuring safety for homosexuals to continue their disgusting acts and safety for the majority who are not homosexuals. 

See, here's the problem. You say you "disagree with homosexuality" like its a political stance or an opinion, which you emphasize with the word "lifestyle." What you seemingly fail to understand is that for gay people, it isn't a "lifestyle" but who they are - it is intrinsic to their being. To call it a lifestyle, or something that can be disagreed with, is to invalidate this, to make it a "choice" - like, say, one's religious orientation. Is your sexual orientation a choice? Can you decide who you are sexually attracted to? I can't.

So when I hear you say that you "disagree with homosexuality" it isn't that different than someone saying "I disagree with lefthandedness." Actually, there's some similarity - because there used to be attempts to train lefthandedness out of people and all it really ended up doing was mess them up.

Why not let people be who they are, especially when what they are doing isn't in itself (that is, outside of extremes - and there are extremes with everything) hurting anyone or inflicting upon your lifestyle? What's wrong with a little diversity at the table of life?

This is either brilliant satire or terrifyingly insane.

He's not stopping anyone from doing anything.  Nice strawman though.

Posts like that are the reason I blocked him lol.

By the way, I would think staying alive is higher on my list than kids and a wife.

Procreation ensures that you never die as you live on through generation after generation of your kin. Staying alive to protect your family should be a high goal too.

Dear MT, we have a distant relative who came to visit who is, well you know and brought a, well you know.  We went out to dinner and I paid but felt confused later.  Should I have made them go dutch because of their sexual orientation.  Signed, I wish I knew your God. 

Dear MT, we have a distant relative who came to visit who is, well you know and brought a, well you know.  We went out to dinner and I paid but felt confused later.  Should I have made them go dutch because of their sexual orientation.  Signed, I wish I knew your God. 

Kurt you are so myopic.  Can you find one post in this thread where I talk about my Christianity or compare it to anyone else's?  Can you find one post where I discuss myself treating gays any differently than anyone else?    

In fact, can you find one of those kind of posts in this entire forum?  If not maybe you should kindly stop posting this nonsense and come back with something that actually makes sense or has even the tiniest bit of truth to it.

i don't know enough about sexuality to say with complete definity that orientation is or is not intrinsic or a choice. i know that the bible condemns homosexuality, just as it condemns murder and theft, which builds an argument that it's a choice just like murdering and theft are choices. to me, that makes it at least possible that it's different from being left-handed.

as a christian, there is difficulty in seeing a person doing something the bible specifically condemns but yet looking the other way or fighting for their social rights. i struggle with how to handle that, trying my best to avoid being judgmental (and not always succeeding). i have two very close gay friends. i love them dearly and worship with them every week at church as well as in my men's chorus. but i don't condone what they do sexually, and i won't fight for their rights socially because they do something the bible condemns. i also won't fight for the social rights of murderers, thieves, or child molesters, either. 

Is the reason you are heterosexual because the Bible tells you to be?

i've been interested in females for as far back as i can remember, so no, it was never that kind of decision for me. and yes, i see your point on this for those who are gay.

like i said, i don't know enough about human sexuality to say with any authority how it develops. some christians believe it exists because of the presence of sin in our world, and i think there's validity to that thought. 

i've heard others say that it's okay to be gay as long as you don't act sexually on the impulse. that's not what i believe, and i think it would be tremendously difficult not to act. the sex drive is so very powerful that it can very difficult to deny.