• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun Kole Calhoun Kole Calhoun

In his second home game, he was down 1-2 in the count with runners and first and third and two out in the third inning.  Mike Trout was on deck.  The Angels were leading 7-0.   Calhoun was already 2 for 2.  

He drew a walk.  The Angels need another offensive threat or two that can do that.  

In his second home game, he was down 1-2 in the count with runners and first and third and two out in the third inning.  Mike Trout was on deck.  The Angels were leading 7-0.   Calhoun was already 2 for 2.  

He drew a walk.  The Angels need another offensive threat or two that can do that.  

Then you watch Hamilton strike out on 3 pitches out of the zone and it makes you sick.

Slow the roll on the Calhoun love. Need a greater sample size and see how he responds to pitcher's adjusting to him.

Trout doesn't seemingly have a single hole to his ability to hit the ball. He is truly remarkable. A bigger, faster, stronger, healthier and more sober version of Mickey Mantle. Absolutely amazing.

Shin-Soo Choo seems like a good comp.

Yep, I'd say that's the perfect comp for Kole. His fielding, arm, speed, power, patience, ability to hit for a good average all resemble Choo. All of his tools might not be pluses like Trout, but they aren't below average. I love Calhoun, I'd rather keep him over Bourjos & Trumbo.

So far so good for Calhoun. He will struggle eventually but we'll know more when we see how he deals with those struggles. Will he adjust like Trout or make no adjustments like Hamilton and Trumbo? As for Hamilton, he doesn't fit into the equation.

We need to find players like this guy. This dude if he gets behind in the count knows to how work it back to full count and when he does he can drive the ball and spray it anywhere. Has power. WALKS! If we had at least 2 more players like this along with Trout and Kole we'd be an efficient and clutch offense.

wanted to see the guy come up to the bigs last year.

he was buried in the minors due to another outstanding organizational decision.

maybe at this point we can see how many different positions he can play, how many different places he can hit in the order  and how much inconsistency in playing time he can receive.

because, of course, he is a rookie and we have other quality tenured major leaugers to play

like cowgill and shuck.

maybe an outfield of Trout-Bourjos-Calhoun next year; Pujols at 1B, Hamilton at DH, and Trumbo traded for a quality arm

I hate this because I love Trumbo (hell ... we named our St. Bernard after him).  But it's honestly not a bad idea.  While I think I'd rather see us trade Bourjos in this scenerio, Trumbo would certainly get us something better.

I hate this because I love Trumbo (hell ... we named our St. Bernard after him).  But it's honestly not a bad idea.  While I think I'd rather see us trade Bourjos in this scenerio, Trumbo would certainly get us something better.

I think in the long term, Bourjos is better for the team.  Trumbo only does one thing, he hits homeruns.  He can't hit for average, his OBP is nothing special, he is slow on the bases and he is average in the field.  Bourjos gives exceptional defense, better average, better OBP and better speed on the bases.