• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New scandal for Chris Christie

Or you could vote for the candidate you actually think is best rather than not voting for the one you don't like.

You say you're a fiscal conservative. Take a look at this guy:

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com

He'll most likely be on the ticket again in 2016. This guy never really stopped campaigning. I'm just hoping Rand Paul doesn't knock him off the Libertarian ticket.

Wow. This guy is a major ass. I can't imagine how vindictive someone has to be to pull of a stunt like this. I was beginning to think Christie would bring new life to the GOP. The party is in shambles, and I really can't think of anyone who would make a great leader. Looks like I'll be voting Democrat again. It's a shame, too, because I consider myself fiscally conservative--but the hacks in the Republican Party are too busy being bigots or focusing on frivolous issues that they have no business dealing with.

And the dems have a great leader?

Or you could vote for the candidate you actually think is best rather than not voting for the one you don't like.

He'll most likely be on the ticket again in 2016. This guy never really stopped campaigning. I'm just hoping Rand Paul doesn't knock him off the Libertarian ticket.

His page is interesting. He's dead on that neither of the main parties want to really discuss how big the government really is. The Dems are OK with it and the reps are only giving lip service. Too bad the other parties and the media would never allow a 3rd party canditate to gather that much steam in a presidential election.

And the dems have a great leader?

Yes, the Democratic Party has leadership. They aren't divided like the GOP--they have a couple potentially solid candidates who have good a shot at the presidency. I can't think of a single potential GOP candidate who could possibly win in 2016 other than Christie.

I'm not a fan of Gary Johnson. I'm all for libertarianism (to an extent), but when you start to tout 'slashing' social security or Medicare or other vital government services then neither I nor the general public will support you. Also, I support a reasonable amount of gun control.

I think the most reasonable/appealing conservative in recent years has been John Huntsman. He's a very sharp guy with practical ideologies--I'd love to see him become president.

Social Security can be 'tweaked' with some small changes here and there, but no politician anywhere is brave enough to risk the political fallout. Paul Ryan at least attempted to address the problem with his budget plan. It was a flawed plan in some ways, but it got the conversation started. Now the conversation has stopped.

They could have made some adjustments years ago that would have been painless, but they didn't. The longer they wait, the more difficult the task will be.

Yes, the Democratic Party has leadership. They aren't divided like the GOP--they have a couple potentially solid candidates who have good a shot at the presidency. I can't think of a single potential GOP candidate who could possibly win in 2016 other than Christie.

I'm not a fan of Gary Johnson. I'm all for libertarianism (to an extent), but when you start to tout 'slashing' social security or Medicare or other vital government services then neither I nor the general public will support you. Also, I support a reasonable amount of gun control.

I think the most reasonable/appealing conservative in recent years has been John Huntsman. He's a very sharp guy with practical ideologies--I'd love to see him become president.

I still back Huntsman and his daughters

What do you guys think about Scott Brown? He's probably going to run.

I personally think the GOP base would never nominate someone like him.

and yes, Huntsman's daughters are pretty fine.

Social Security can be 'tweaked' with some small changes here and there, but no politician anywhere is brave enough to risk the political fallout.

This issue is one thing that returned Harry Reid to Washington. His opponent, Sharron Angle, was/is a raving nutbag (thank you, Tea Party), but the first nail in her political coffin was footage of her addressing hard-core right wingers stating "We need to phase Medicare and Social Security out." She first tried to deny making the statement, then she tried to soften her stance, but the damage was done. That footage ran on multiple Reid ads leading up to the election. Angle probably got less than ten percent of the vote of people 65 and older.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic, Christie allegedly knew about the lane closings as they happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyregion/christie-bridge.html?_r=0

Not saying he didn't know, but this Wildstein is a POS. My pharmacist went to school with him, and said he is a wack job.

I am not jumping overboard. Staying with Christie even if it means going down with the ship.

I am not jumping overboard. Staying with Christie even if it means going down with the ship.

There are certainly far worse options on the GOP side. I'm sure they will select one of them by November 2016. These Tea Party nutjobs seem to be pushing the party so far to the right that they will have no prayer of ever winning a national election.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Not saying he didn't know, but this Wildstein is a POS. My pharmacist went to school with him, and said he is a wack job.

Political analyst at cbs weighed in on this last night. Said the letter written by wildstein doesn't reveal any smoking gun. Christie didn't know ahead of time or while it was going, but heard after the fact. He thought the letter really didn't indict Christie.

Honestly, I think too much is being made of this. Maybe, as someone suggested, this is a test run to see how Christie handles a tough situation or to check the national pulse about him.

• 2 months later...