• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New scandal for Chris Christie

I'm actually not. I am understanding that one of two things has occured. He either knew or people directly underneath him did and felt he would approve of them doing what they did.

This is not me trying to be a superfan, and I won't lie I like Christie a lot as a presidential candidate. But to dismiss the possibility of people working beneath him not caring what he thinks is absurd, and to totally dismiss him as a candidate because of a scandal involving closing some lanes that he could have had no involvement in is equally absurd.

I liked the guy and was seriously reconsidering my vow to never vote for anyone with an "R or a "D" after their name for national office.

I rarely vote for Republicans (so far the only one has been Reagan, who I voted for twice), and I was considering Christie as an alternative in 2016. This casts an entirely different light on things.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I'm not a governor, he's not a hiring manager at a large corporation, and these weren't people way under him. These were people right under him. The ones he personally picked. The ones he interacted with everyday. And they felt perfectly fine doing this. Which worries me. It wasn't one person. It was many. And it's not about them not being do

"perfect do gooders". It's about them committing possible criminal malfeasance. Either he knew and encouraged it, he picked a full staff of terrible people, or he runs a negligently loose executive office where the people under him all run wild. None of those are good and I'd be hard pressed to vote someone in the the office of POTUS who has that issue open on his resume.

or maybe they were working behind his back on this one.

you're trying to too hard to show that one incident out of several years of governing has suddenly catapulted him into the world of negligence or being completely incapable of leading. both of those are real serious stretches from this one incident.

if there was a pattern of these kinds of incidents happening throughout his tenure as governor, you've got a point worth discussing. but that hasn't been established yet.

As the resident Christie cheerleader, I will say that I voted for him in both elections, and will do so again. This incident does not make him look good, whether he knew or not. Living in NJ, I see all the good he has done by finally standing up to the mighty unions, which have sandbagged our taxes for years with their unrealistic sense of entitlement. This will help other states by giving their governors the balls to do it because Christie did it, and it worked.

As far as "mishandling of funds", these monies were approved by the Obama administration first. They were used to film commercials that drilled it into everyone's heads the Stronger than the Storm message. Our tourism economy did far better than anyone expected, thanks to getting the message out. This worked so well that New York had to rush to get their version out before the summer ended. So before we criticize him for what was spent, we should evaluate the return on the dollar.

Dems see a trickle of blood in the water and are piling on. This will pass, and Christie will be stronger for it.

The dems and the media are frothing at the mouth and working overtime to dig up any kind of dirt on this guy. Had his name not been mentioned for 2016 non of this would have surfaced.

Maybe they're on a witch hunt, but if they uncover wrongdoings I'm fine with that. It doesn't matter whether the governor of NJ is a republican, a democrat or a communist from Saturn. When you're an elected official you should run a clean ship or GTFO. That goes for Obama and his band of merry thieves too.

Maybe they're on a witch hunt, but if they uncover wrongdoings I'm fine with that. It doesn't matter whether the governor of NJ is a republican, a democrat or a communist from Saturn. When you're an elected official you should run a clean ship or GTFO. That goes for Obama and his band of merry thieves too.

F'n Saturnian commies.

As the resident Christie cheerleader, I will say that I voted for him in both elections, and will do so again. This incident does not make him look good, whether he knew or not. Living in NJ, I see all the good he has done by finally standing up to the mighty unions, which have sandbagged our taxes for years with their unrealistic sense of entitlement. This will help other states by giving their governors the balls to do it because Christie did it, and it worked.

As far as "mishandling of funds", these monies were approved by the Obama administration first. They were used to film commercials that drilled it into everyone's heads the Stronger than the Storm message. Our tourism economy did far better than anyone expected, thanks to getting the message out. This worked so well that New York had to rush to get their version out before the summer ended. So before we criticize him for what was spent, we should evaluate the return on the dollar.

Dems see a trickle of blood in the water and are piling on. This will pass, and Christie will be stronger for it.

I will defer to you on the inside stuff, since you are much closer to the situation than I am. I wasn't bothered at all by the talk of the commercial. It is a lot like what the gulf coast states did after the BP oil spill was cleaned up. It was a signal to the rest of the country that "We're open for business, come and see us." Just smart advertising, IMO.

Wow. This guy is a major ass. I can't imagine how vindictive someone has to be to pull of a stunt like this. I was beginning to think Christie would bring new life to the GOP. The party is in shambles, and I really can't think of anyone who would make a great leader. Looks like I'll be voting Democrat again. It's a shame, too, because I consider myself fiscally conservative--but the hacks in the Republican Party are too busy being bigots or focusing on frivolous issues that they have no business dealing with.