• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Puig Arrested

I hit close to 110 on the 10 driving from texas back to cali. I was driving for 20 hours straight though and of course I didn't stay at 110. I slowed back down to under 100.

Never knew I could get arrested for that.

The speed limit was 85 though.

Edited by Poozy

The only ticket I have ever received was for going 95 in a 65 in Arizona. I wasn't cruising at that speed (and never would cruise anywhere near that speed) but was on a one-lane road that had opened up a passing lane. I was passing a few semi trucks, and would have gone right back to 70 after doing so. Problem is, I just happened to drive by a cop right as my vehicle peaked at 95.

I got a misdameanor for it. Thankfully the judge of this county ripped up your ticket if you attended traffic school. Going that fast just isn't worth it. It is an incredibly selfish act that can hurt/kill others. Hopefully they throw the book at Puig (they won't).

Saw this on reddit

"ESPN Headline:

Yasiel Puig Breaks Written, Unwritten Rules in Same Year"

and

Matthew Pouliot ‏@matthewpouliot 6m

Puig was going to get off with a warning until he threw his license and registration over the officer's head.

Jesus Christ.

The dude was speeding, not on some coke and booze bender with a bunch of automatic weapons.

yeah, I dislike puig as much as everyone on here, but my two cents on this is that he's acting like a lot of 22 year olds. Especially ones with money.

Not at all condoning it. And I agree the potential to have hurt others is very real. Maybe I was just a bit let down by the title and what it was I guess. I was hoping he got caught up in the eddie murphy sting so I could forward the story to my dodger fan buddies.

Jesus Christ.

The dude was speeding, not on some coke and booze bender with a bunch of automatic weapons.

That's pretty much my point. 

Part of speeding effectively is doing it so you don't get injured, cited, or arrested.  Puig is so stupid he's let it happen twice in the same year. 

I've hit 110 a handful of times driving on the 5 from the Grapevine to Bakersfield. I would have gone faster if not for the governor. There would be nobody on the road and I would just listen to music not realizing how fast I was driving. Of course I was the only one in the car. But now I rarely go over 85mph.

Yeah, I was pretty much a lead-foot in my 20s and 110 MPH was pretty easy to hit in an RX-7 on the way to Vegas .  Heck, you could hit 105 at 7500 RPM in 3rd gear.  Wankels rule...  

I can't imagine driving 110 on the I-95 at the time he supposedly did... 

Supposedly?  ya the cops are totally making it up.  free puig!

LOL -- that had to be terrifying.  I can't even imagine a car that size going 105.   You sir were a brave soul.

LOL -- that had to be terrifying.  I can't even imagine a car that size going 105.   You sir were a brave soul.

That fwy was so empty at night that I even considered -briefly- turning my car around and driving in reverse just to see what would happen.

When you're sixteen, stupid, and full of hormones, all kinds of ideas enter your brain. Glad I never acted on that one.

That fwy was so empty at night that I even considered -briefly- turning my car around and driving in reverse just to see what would happen.

When you're sixteen, stupid, and full of hormones, all kinds of ideas enter your brain. Glad I never acted on that one.

Seeing a 64 Caddy going all out in reverse would be pretty much a pay per view event.