• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

Well it wouldn't surprise me if that is why Dipoto is denying meeting with them, since they don't want anything public.

Just because they didn't meet with Tanaka last week when he was in the States, does not mean that they hadn't met with him via Skype previously, or with his agents before, or hell, even in Japan. Are we privy to the Angels front office travel plans? 

Also, he had meetings with a ton of teams scheduled, they couldn't fly into Chicago as previously planned. I think this trip was not about the Angels and Dodgers despite being in Los Angeles and rather a last ditch effort by all the teams not on the West Coast or in New York.

The Angels were not rumored to be in on Pujols until the final day and even then, if I remember correctly, they were out 12 hours before they actually signed him. And on Hamilton, no one knew they were even interested. I take all rumors about the Angels not being in on someone with a grain of salt. 

Hubs, I couldn't agree more. I am sure we are completely involved with him. I don't know if we are negotiating with him or if we have made him an offer for him to accept or deny, but in the end we will have given him a lot of consideration. I am sure the Angels understand the risk that is involved with signing someone that has never pitched in the majors, and I am sure they have a price they are willing to pay.

The Dodgers make too much sense for him. West coast, large Asian population in So Cal, willing to pay, in a weak division, playoffs pretty much a lock.

Yankees have huge problems with their team especially in a division where they are most likely the 4th best team.

Angels make sense to a point. Not going to pay top dollar but OC has a large Asian population which is apparently important to him. Maybe less competition in the starting rotation than the Dodgers. It just seems money will be an issue.

I agree, the Dodgers seem to be the best fit.

Fans, in general, tend to be so reactionary. Every piece of news is boom or bust. Some people need to realize that this is a process. Almost every nugget of info the public receives is released for a reason, often to swing leverage one way or another. Let the process play out before we jump to conclusions.

Fans, in general, tend to be so reactionary. Every piece of news is boom or bust. Some people need to realize that this is a process. Almost every nugget of info the public receives is released for a reason, often to swing leverage one way or another. Let the process play out before we jump to conclusions.

You UCLA guys take the fun out of everything! :P

If the Angels did meet with Tanaka, I would be surprised if they came out and said as much.

Not only is it really none of the press or Fran's business, it plays out better for them in the end.

If they get him, awesome, they swooped in and stole him.

If they don't get him, cool, they were never in it and he wasn't in their plans, even if he was.

I am not sure the Angels woul want to have it be public knowledge if Tanaka turned them down because he wanted to be a Dodger or if they weren't willing to pay him. Especially since Arte is concerned with the LA market.

@osaki_makkura: #Tanaka sweepstakes come down to mano a mano between #Yankees & #Dodgers at around 6 year $140 million. http://t.co/2WdafxaOCx

This guy is going to get Grienke money?  The guy hasn't even thrown a pitch at the major league level and he is going to get Grienke money?  That is insane.  I'm glad the Angels aren't going for Tanaka now.

That said, go Yankees!!!  I'd HATE to see the Dodgers get Tanaka.

Edited by Jim B