• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare: Government can seize your house in some instances

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-shotgun-wedding-marry-lose-091500078.html

Part of the text:

Here’s where the law of unintended consequences comes into Obamacare. Thanks to the exchange programming, consumers are getting enrolled in Medicaid whether they understand what that means or not, and in much greater numbers than before. (In the first month, nearly 90 percent of all the enrollees in the federal and state exchanges were Medicaid applicants.)

Unless they look at the fine print in the paperwork in Washington and other states with similar asset-forfeiture regulations, any assets they own will not pass to their heirs but to the state instead.

Awesome.

This is just great news.  Here I am losing my job in a couple of months and if I can't find employment after my COBRA coverage expires, I will be forced to sign up for Medi-Cal (CA version of Medicaid).

Will my 401k and pension be at risk?  I'll have to look into that.

Edited by IEAngelfan

I have a conspiracy theory on this if anyone wants to hear it.  In summary, the people who actually run the country would not allow Obamacare if there was not money coming their way from it.  This article is a good start for my conspiracy theory....we will just take your shit. 

Since 2001, this country has done so much to take over rights of its people with the Patriot Act and so on.  It is looking more and more like Obamacare is also playing a role in taking over the American people.

This is scary stuff.

Yep Jim, this is only another way to keep the citizens at war with each other while they scheme.  Patriot act, Obama Care.  Get us to blame Bush and Obama....I'm just saying.  I think anyone who gets elected anymore has sold us out.  POTUS hasn't run this country for a long time.  Just get us to fight over the two party's and not ask any questions. 

Yep Jim, this is only another way to keep the citizens at war with each other while they scheme.  Patriot act, Obama Care.  Get us to blame Bush and Obama....I'm just saying.  I think anyone who gets elected anymore has sold us out.  POTUS hasn't run this country for a long time.  Just get us to fight over the two party's and not ask any questions.

Don't forget the passing of NDAA.

This provision is laughable because Medicaid recipients own little to nothing anyway.  I have a friend on permanent disability.  She has lupus, kidney problems, and a slew of other problems.  When she dies, I have no doubt the Feds will spend $10,000 seizing her $100 of scrapbooking supplies, food in the refrigerator, and unused toilet paper. 

Nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a conspiracy theory on this if anyone wants to hear it.  In summary, the people who actually run the country would not allow Obamacare if there was not money coming their way from it.  This article is a good start for my conspiracy theory....we will just take your shit. 

That's not a conspiracy theory at all. The healthcare bill is utterly disastrous, and it primarily lines the pockets of insurance companies and health care providers. My affordable/great healthcare plan with HealthNet was cancelled thanks to Obamacare, now I have to pay more money for an inferior alternative. 

That's not a conspiracy theory at all. The healthcare bill is utterly disastrous, and it primarily lines the pockets of insurance companies and health care providers. My affordable/great healthcare plan with HealthNet was cancelled thanks to Obamacare, now I have to pay more money for an inferior alternative. 

I was wondering about HealthNet, and almost signed up with them before deciding to stay with Blue Cross. I was concerned because it seemed their provider list was a lot shorter. Their customer service must be better than BC's, which is awful.

So you had a good experience with them? Could you tell me more?

I was wondering about HealthNet, and almost signed up with them before deciding to stay with Blue Cross. I was concerned because it seemed their provider list was a lot shorter. Their customer service must be better than BC's, which is awful.

So you had a good experience with them? Could you tell me more?

I personally think that my plan was superior to nearly anything available to me in So. Cal. It was truly an unparalleled plan at ~$450 per month for myself, parents, and sister. I rarely dealt with customer service since I rarely had problems. And yes, BC does suck. They were the underwriters for my undergrad health care plan. They are useless.

Stick with HealthNet or Cigna.

Here's the plan I had for reference:

http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/health-insurance-companies/health-net-california/benefit-detail/?health-plan=338

The deductible was only $4500 for 4 people, 0% coinsursnce, emergency covered, out of network covered, no need for referrals, HSA eligible, etc..

But like I said, they axed the plan a few months back. Cheapest insurance my family can get right now is $900 a month with Blue Cross and it's very shitty (high deductible, out of pocket expenses, high copay).

I am astounded at how much this healthcare bill is screwing people over. I don't even have any insurance right now. Good luck with your search for healthcare.

Edited by failos

Thanks for those tips, failos.

If you go to the Covered California site, you may find some cheaper insurance. HealthNet is probably less expensive than Blue Cross. You can pick from a list of companies. Your family might also be eligible for a subsidy, depending on your total household income. These subsidies can be very substantial and help to greatly lower the monthly premium.

https://www.coveredca.com/shopandcompare/#calculator

Under income, enter your estimated household Adjusted Gross Income that your family expects in 2014 (if you'e getting insured as a family). If one of your parents is receiving Social Security, that counts as income for subsidy purposes.

One caveat: You must buy the insurance from the Covered California exchange to get the government subsidy. They will approve your policy and Blue Cross (or whatever company you choose) will  pick it up from there.

Have you thought about buying coverage individually, instead of as a family group? That might be better cost-wise, as your income total would be lower as individuals with separate plans. 

Edited by fan_since79