• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If we don't get Garza

wopphil

then what the hell do we do?  We have traded our biggest chip for two of the few arms that might actually have been available.  Obviously the team doesn't want to lose a draft pick, so that should take them out of the running for the next two best pitchers (Jiménez and Garza).  So the way I see it, we either get Garza, or we take a big step down and get Arroyo or Maholm. 

Any out-of-the box ideas?  There is no room for Choo, so I don't think that is a realistic option.  I wonder if the Brewers would consider a Lohse for Cron+ trade. 

If we can't get Garza, I suppose the fallback plan might be Jimenez, but I'm not as confident that Jimenez will do well as I am in Garza (whom I'm not THAT confident about, either).

Barring that, I suppose that Howie or Aybar would have to be moved for pitching.

Arroyo is honestly a decent option. I'd rather have Garza for sure but Arroyo has been very durable for his career (9 straight years with 199+ innings pitched) and has had a greater than average ERA+ in 7 of those years. The only issue is age and that he wants 3 years.

Arroyo wouldn't be bad as a plan C. 2ys would be perfect because than we can go after Tanaka.

Has he said otherwise?

He turned down a trade here before he went to the Pirates because he lives in Maryland and his wife is afraid of flying.

He also hasn't even made up his mind IF he's going to pitch next year yet, but even if he does it sounds like it's pretty much the Pirates or maybe the Orioles(just based on proximity).

I just don't trust Arroyo.  Don't like his age, his peripherals, and the fact that he's coming over from the NL. 

Choo's demands are way out of range of what this team needs right now.  Granted, the market may say he's worth 20mil per, but this team shouldn't go there. 

I still think Aybar is the natural choice for a player to be moved if you can get the right player in return.  Then you could sign Drew and still be under the CBT.  If you can't, then it's probably best to bring in a couple of players on a 1yr deal to compete for the final spot. 

I just don't trust Arroyo.  Don't like his age, his peripherals, and the fact that he's coming over from the NL. 

Choo's demands are way out of range of what this team needs right now.  Granted, the market may say he's worth 20mil per, but this team shouldn't go there. 

I still think Aybar is the natural choice for a player to be moved if you can get the right player in return.  Then you could sign Drew and still be under the CBT.  If you can't, then it's probably best to bring in a couple of players on a 1yr deal to compete for the final spot. 

I think Arroyo gets lit up in the AL at this point. I could see him being Blanton Lite.