• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arizona pitchers

Angelsjunky

Order of desirability for Arizona starters:

Corbin

Delgado

Miley

Skaggs

Cahill

Kennedy

McCarthy

Order of most likely to end up being traded for Trumbo:

McCarthy

Kennedy

Cahill

Skaggs

Miley

Delgado

Corbin

Welcome to the Angels, Brandon McCarthy or Ian Kennedy.

Seriously, though, for me the tipping point is between Cahill and Skaggs. I'd do Trumbo for Skaggs straight up, but Cahill reminds me too much of a Feldman/Vargas/Saunders type.

so you guys are going to be ok with dealing Trumbo for a 4+ ERA pitcher?  cause all those guys that we would likely get either were or would be accounting for league inflation...

i for one am not.. we can find that in FA without losing him.  it makes no sense!
AS ve said i would be ok with it being a 203 type guys, but thats not what were talking about here.. if we do this were getting fleeced imo

so you guys are going to be ok with dealing Trumbo for a 4+ ERA pitcher?  cause all those guys that we would likely get either were or would be accounting for league inflation...

i for one am not.. we can find that in FA without losing him.  it makes no sense!

AS ve said i would be ok with it being a 203 type guys, but thats not what were talking about here.. if we do this were getting fleeced imo

Who would that be?

Who would that be?

they arent dealing miley or corbin so look at the stats for the rest and do the math.

The highest ERA among the other starters was 3.99 by Cahill.. which likely puts him over 4 in the AL.

And they all have WHIPs north of 1.3 just so you dont think im stuck on ERA.

How is this worth enough upgrade over what can be had in FA to justify the loss of the power?  for me it isnt,

It's two pitchers being the key for me. A third starter and a fifth starter.

IF its that then maybe...  still dont know if its worth it for just depth but meh, im going to be in the minority on this one i can see already... but ill say it again there is no friggin way i deal him for depth or something that cant be a legit 2-3.

Cahill had a season in the AL with a sub 3 ERA. Skaggs was the prize of the Dan Haren deal.

Good package. Id still want the Angels to sign a guy that could compete with Skaggs for the fifth spot, a veteran trying to make a comeback like Johan Santana.

IF its that then maybe... still dont know if its worth it for just depth but meh, im going to be in the minority on this one i can see already... but ill say it again there is no friggin way i deal him for depth or something that cant be a legit 2-3.

Cahill used to pitch for the A's remember had a season where he had a sub 3 ERA (2010) He's the type of pitcher really affected by his catcher, because of his unorthodox delivery. But even a 4 ERA fits okay into our 4 spot.

Skaggs 2012 season was excellent in the minors but his velocity had been dropping. He needs to figure it out, but could be at AAA for 2014.

It's two good pitchers for one good hitter. Sappington is the Angels best prospect starter and he's at least a year away.

Also, Cahill is only 25. Skaggs is 22 or 23.

Flop, you don't think Skaggs can be a legit 3? Not this year of course, but his upside? Not to mention, we would know what these two will cost over the next few years.

He didnt show it last year no... look were not built for 2-3 years from now either are we?

Again though if its both.. ok, still not wild about it but ok... if its just one, i hate it, period. 

Until we know we are guessing, but i would have to wonder why they are giving these guys up based on past deals with them that haven't exactly worked out so we for us.. im starting o think DiPoto is the guy they invite to all the pokers games cause he cant bluff for his life.

Also without Trumbo you'd have to think the majority of those AB go to Green and probably a lefty FA like Eric Chavez. Green's good for twenty and so is Calhoun. Chavez or another lefty bat will help mitigate the loss.

Also, I feel that without Trumbo, the Angels could have more HR with Hamilton, Pujols, Trout, Calhoun, Freese, all over 20 and Kendrick, Green, Conger, Iannetta, all over 15. That's a 220 HR team.

Cahill used to pitch for the A's remember had a season where he had a sub 3 ERA (2010) He's the type of pitcher really affected by his catcher, because of his unorthodox delivery. But even a 4 ERA fits okay into our 4 spot.

Skaggs 2012 season was excellent in the minors but his velocity had been dropping. He needs to figure it out, but could be at AAA for 2014.

It's two good pitchers for one good hitter. Sappington is the Angels best prospect starter and he's at least a year away.

Also, Cahill is only 25. Skaggs is 22 or 23.

i recall... but as you say that was 3 years ago at this point, last year he was 3.99 in the NL so.. which is more relevant?

Skaggs may be 22 but as i said before we arent built for 3 years from now.

I dont know i just think its a lot for what we lose... and seemingly could be had thru FA without losing it. 

Trumbos OWAR puts him as the second best on the DBacks, behind Goldschmidt per ESPN stats

Cahills WAR was 0.7, roughly he was between Garret Richards and Jerome Williams, who i still dont have a clue why we let walk away.... Skaggs was negative.

I think if we are going to lose a proven offensive weapon we should be talking about more than potential. 

Also without Trumbo you'd have to think the majority of those AB go to Green and probably a lefty FA like Eric Chavez. Green's good for twenty and so is Calhoun. Chavez or another lefty bat will help mitigate the loss.

Also, I feel that without Trumbo, the Angels could have more HR with Hamilton, Pujols, Trout, Calhoun, Freese, all over 20 and Kendrick, Green, Conger, Iannetta, all over 15. That's a 220 HR team.

so you think that by losing our #1 HR guy from last year we should hit more HR ?   really ?

I also am expecting bouncebacks from Pujols and Hamilton but thats a bit optimistic at best i would think

so you think that by losing our #1 HR guy from last year we should hit more HR ?   really ?

I also am expecting bouncebacks from Pujols and Hamilton but thats a bit optimistic at best i would think

I believe it is entirely feasible. We won't have Pujols missing for a big chunk of the season, and if early accounts are correct, he will be in the best shape injury-wise that he has been in for several seasons. If Don Baylor can make an even moderate improvement in Josh Hamilton, he could have a significant impact. A moderate bounce back from Freese and we're in pretty good shape offensively, Trumbo or no Trumbo.

That said, we can't win every game 12-10. We need to get some arms in here.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Calhoun over Shuck adds conservatively 15 HR. Freese adds 8-10 at 3B over Callaspo. That's 23-25. If everyone hit exactly the same number as last year, then they'd only need to get 9-11 HR from whomever is the primary DH.

My real projections are a lot higher. All 9 positions should get you more than 10 HR. 8 of those should get you 15 or more. 7 of those should get you twenty or more. 5 of those should get you 25. And four (with Trumbo) should get you 30 or more.