• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Far This Offseason:

stormngt

why does the order matter?  We have no idea what else they are planning so how can what they have done so far be right or wrong? 

They might sit on their hands the rest of the offseason

They might get Tanaka and Price

They might get Scott Baker and Matt Garza

They might trade Trumbo for Cahill, sign Colon and Hart

They might trade Kendrick for a pitcher and pick up another somewhere else

'so far' they have not addressed all of the percieved needs of the team.  But why would you have expected them to by now?

Because now with Bourjos is gone, also trading Trumbo either puts a huge hole at DH(basically negating the improvement at 3B) or puts Shuck in the outfield daily.

Edited by tennischmp

Angels won the 2012-2013 Hot Stove Pennant (Hamilton)

Angels won the 2011-2012 Hot Stove Pennant (Pujols/CJ)

Angels won the 2012 Trade Deadline Pennant (Grienke)

Angels won the 2010 Trade Deadline Pennant (Haren)

Angels won the 2009 Trade Deadline Pennant (Kazmir)

Angels won the 2008 Trade Deadline Pennant (Teixeira)

Maybe doing nothing is best

1zdra8m.jpg

That's debatable. If they are available they can be signed.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/freeagents/_/position/3b

awful options.

I am not saying trading Bourjos for a 3bman was ideal long term, but it probably help for 2014.  I do agree that if they now move Trumbo and don't sign another DH/1b, then potential upgrade is fairly marginal and maybe not worth it.

In other words:

no trade of trumbo

trumbo, freese,  FA SP

or

trumbo, lucho/green or one of the above FA, FA starter, bourjos part time or traded for prospects

vs. trading trumbo now that bourjos is gone as well:

freese, SP in Trumbo trade, FA DH/1b

or

freese, SP in Trumbo trade, Shuck

Obviously, the big factor is what we get for Trumbo vs. who we could sign.  As we need two SP, we will probably spend a bit on one regardless while the second will be more of a bargain basement 1-2yr guy. 

I am ok with trading Trumbo as long as we get a replacement.  If Shuck is in the everyday lineup, it does certainly defeat the purpose of trading Bourjos because Bourjos is more of an upgrade or Shuck than Freese is over some 3b scrub and Pete has more long term value. 

why does the order matter?  We have no idea what else they are planning so how can what they have done so far be right or wrong? 

They might sit on their hands the rest of the offseason

They might get Tanaka and Price

They might get Scott Baker and Matt Garza

They might trade Trumbo for Cahill, sign Colon and Hart

They might trade Kendrick for a pitcher and pick up another somewhere else

'so far' they have not addressed all of the percieved needs of the team.  But why would you have expected them to by now?

Well I guess none of us should visit this board and discuss anything until the off season is over.  After all we have no idea what will come next.  So we all should wait before we comment.  After all as far as we know the Angels are about to get the Shuck/Verlander trade done.  Hell you never know!!!!!!!

All sarcasm aside, I believe it will be a disasterous winter if we go with Colon.  I would rather have Williams.

Re Dipoto and DDLR/Smith: every squirrel finds the acorn.

Salas will prove to be dumpster diving material.

The others are already there, especially this lefty (Carson) that some are raving about. Hard to rave about someone when his MLB numbers suck, albeit a smaller sample. 13 Ks in 33 innings? Really? Really? Really?

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 of the top 10 FA Starting Pitchers are still available.

The names of starting pitchers on the trading block that most on here would be happy to acquire have not been traded yet.

I will complain once these 10 or so pitchers are at destinations other than Anaheim.

...I am fearful the angels are gambling on getting Tanaka and if not we may end up with Blanton in the rotation again.

This worries me as well. There is too much uncertainty surrounding Tanaka's availability and the conditions that will have to be met. The Yankees will probably outbid everybody, as deep as their pockets are and as much as they need starting pitching.

If the 2014 season starts and Joe Blanton is anywhere near the starting rotation, prepare for 2013 redux.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan