• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Witnessed a terrible accident today

Right outside our house. 2 year old toddler ran over and killed. Horrible situation. Entire neighborhood is really shook up over it. Very hard to see a mother/father crying hysterically while holding their 2 year old son. Even worse is the ones who saw the incident were children around 4-7 years old, so they have these images in their heads now.  Little 4 year old talking about seeing the boy with all this blood coming out of his mouth. I didn't see it but I heard a man crying outside my window and originally thought a dog got hit or something until I saw him holding a tiny child

Called 911 immediately and went out to help assist in any way we could. Nothing malicious here, just a terrible, unfortunate accident. The driver was crying and really shaken up over it as well. The mother, in the heat of the moment(and I can't blame her) was threatening to kill the guy all the while crying over her baby.

What stood out to me in this scenario is just how agonizingly long it feels for the ambulance to arrive. It just felt like forever for them to get here and you are praying that the window for this child's life hasn't closed. Sadly, it did. The parents returned from the hospital a few hours ago and a bunch of their family has gathered at their place. They made a memorial right outside their house on the sidewalk with candles. We'll be contributing to it and will also express our condolences at some point(obviously want to give them some time and privacy)

I hope to never have to witness something like this again. Nothing much worse than having to see a parent deal with the loss of a child

That's horrific to have to see.  Glad to hear you jumped-in to try and help; it's rare these days.  Usually, it's only victims families and first-responders.

If you're friends with this family, they will need you to lean-on.  Hopefully they have relatives close-by, or maybe their church if they aren't getting enough help and guidance through Police/Fire Chaplains that should have responded.

I lost a child about 9 years ago but not in a horrific accident like that. That is an awful scene you described.  I've seen people die in accidents but never a child. That is the main reason why I could never be a paramedic or firefighter. Brutal.

Edited by Angels N Skins

how horrific for everyone involved. Do you mind sharing how it happened? I assume they were playing in the street and he didn't see the toddler coming.

Yeah, thats what was happening. Truck was high up and the toddler was riding some little buggy toy car thing that's real low to the ground and he entered the road from the sidewalk. Family has set up a memorial outside their house on their driveway that we'll be contributing to, though right now we are giving them their space

Yeah, thats what was happening. Truck was high up and the toddler was riding some little buggy toy car thing that's real low to the ground and he entered the road from the sidewalk. Family has set up a memorial outside their house on their driveway that we'll be contributing to, though right now we are giving them their space

I really do feel for the driver too, he's got to live with this. Still, you can't help but wonder if the truck wasn't lifted, maybe all this doesn't happen. It just took a number of bad factors for this horrible accident to occur.